.package cc files not showing up in-game

by Nonkie7402

Original Post

Accepted Solution

.package cc files not showing up in-game

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I recently started using sims 3 custom content for my game, and putting .sims3pack files into the downloads folder works and they all show up in-game, however .package files into Mods folder have not shown up whatsoever. I would really appreciate any help getting the .package files to show up in-game.

Thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 52 (44,923 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: .package cc files not showing up in-game

@Nonkie7402  Are the .package files inside Mods/Packages, and is there a resource.cfg in the Mods folder?  Have you deleted the five cache files from your Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts?  They should be deleted any time you add or remove content from your game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If you've done all this and the .package files still aren't showing, please move the Mods folder out of the Sims 3 folder, recreate the setup or download a new Mods Framework from Mod the Sims, place just one .package file inside the Packages folder, delete the cache files again, and test in-game.  Let me know whether it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 52 (44,885 Views)

All Replies

@Nonkie7402  Are the .package files inside Mods/Packages, and is there a resource.cfg in the Mods folder?  Have you deleted the five cache files from your Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts?  They should be deleted any time you add or remove content from your game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If you've done all this and the .package files still aren't showing, please move the Mods folder out of the Sims 3 folder, recreate the setup or download a new Mods Framework from Mod the Sims, place just one .package file inside the Packages folder, delete the cache files again, and test in-game.  Let me know whether it works.

Message 2 of 52 (44,886 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict thank you very much for this response, I did this, so I removed my mods folder, downloaded the modthesims wiki mods folder that includes nointro and whatnot, deleted all the cache files and there was no intro which im assuming means the package file worked as intended. Thank you very much for your help.

Message 3 of 52 (44,857 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Nonkie7402 how did you post this question? I need help with my game too! Standard smile
Message 4 of 52 (41,950 Views)

★★★ Novice

I need help with this too! I put my .package mods i downloaded from sites in my mod folder but they appeared in the game the other day but once i added more it doesnt appear anymore, especially the skins. Frown

Message 5 of 52 (37,833 Views)

@15Mea15  You need to put the .package files in Mods\Packages, that is if you're playing Sims 3.  You also need to delete the five cache files any time you add or remove content from your game:

CASPartCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package

simCompositorCache.package

socialCache.package

Finally, if you're adding cc skins, please make sure you only have one "default replacement" skin per category, i.e. you can have one for adult females and one for adult males, but not more.  Only one default replacement skin will load at any one time, although you can have as many non-default replacement skins as you like.

Message 6 of 52 (37,820 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi thank you so much for your guidance!I done what you said about the deleting the cache stuff which I have done so then I went into the sims 3 game and the skins + all mods haven’t appeared which is weird because they use to appear before I added more cc in my mod packages files. I don’t really understand the skin concept because I haven’t got any default cc skins but only a few of non-default skins so it shouldn’t be playing up.. 

Message 7 of 52 (37,804 Views)

@15Mea15  Please test the nonworking items in a clean user folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create a new folder, create or download a new Mods framework, and add one of the items to that folder.  If it works, add a few more and test again; delete the cache files as well.  Let me know how it goes.

Your saves and other content will be intact in the Sims 3 folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.  You can always put the entire folder back or move files from that folder to the new one, but save that for after you're done testing.

Message 8 of 52 (37,790 Views)

★★★ Novice

it doent work Frown i give up

Message 9 of 52 (37,783 Views)

@15Mea15  If you change your mind and want to troubleshoot more, let me know.

Message 10 of 52 (37,776 Views)