Re: .package cc files not showing up in-game

by Jossph117

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, thank you so much for your response and effort Standard smile

I still haven't managed to make it work either.. What I can try to do is move the folders from my laptop (on which the cc does work) to a usb and see if those files works on my pc? I'm not too familiar with all of that just yet but it's worth a shot I guess

Message 31 of 52 (2,724 Views)

@nynkeglas  That's definitely worth trying.  In your position, I'd first compress (zip) the Mods folder and transfer it, and if that doesn't work, zip the entire Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts and transfer it.  Compressing the folder helps prevent the files inside from being damaged during transfer, which is unusual but does occur.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 32 of 52 (2,716 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, none of those cache files were ever in my Sims 3 file to begin with and never have, yet my .package files still aren't showing up. I downloaded and installed them correctly. I extracted them into the mods/packages file and yet they still are not appearing in game. I repeated the entire process, searched for the cache files, the cache files still don't exist and the package files still aren't working.

Message 33 of 52 (2,552 Views)

@Jossph117  Please post a screenshot of your Packages folder, with the address bar (above the list of files and folders) showing as well.

Message 34 of 52 (2,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello can you help with my Sims 3 package file I have been downloading mods and cc for years and know I'm doing it right since some are showing up in my game but majority of its not in my game and I don't understand why when I know everything set up right and a few things work like NRaas please and thank you

Message 35 of 52 (2,378 Views)

@577ua15qbszd  Please post a  screenshot of the Packages folder that contains your mods.  Please also let me know what game version is showing in the lower-left corner of the launcher.

Message 36 of 52 (2,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is how its set up the game version  is 1.69.43.024017 I have all the expansions and packs and I know it works since some things show up in the game just not everything and I don't get why only some things are in the game 

Message 37 of 52 (2,322 Views)

[ Edited ]

@577ua15qbszd  That looks fine, I mean your Packages folder doesn't need the installation guides or the .png file in your screenshot, but they're not doing any harm either.  Have you deleted the five cache files in your Sims 3 folder since the last time you added custom content?  If not, please do so now—they should be deleted any time you add or remove content from your user folder.

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, make a list of the cc files that aren't showing up and test them individually.  Move the entire Packages folder to the desktop, create a new one, and move over just one file that isn't working.  Delete the cache files (again), load a save, and see whether you can find the file.  If you can't, list it for me and I'll test it in-game myself: it's always possible that the item is broken and won't work for anyone.  It's also possible that the file requires a pack you don't own, so please list the ones you currently have installed.

When testing, you can start a new save instead of loading your existing ones if you prefer.

Message 38 of 52 (2,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi there,

As this thread is still active, I thought I'd respond because of some miracle last night, I managed to fix this issue. It is more of a technical fix, but essentially the resource.cfg and the fact that I had my CC package files in sub folders was the error in my case. (Even though I'd been using subfodlers for a while, after one crash I guess my game decided to just stop allowing that. Anywho...)

So, after doing some research I saw that the Mods folder only allows for one subfolder (still unsure if this is true for all cases..), and so I edited the resource.cfg to expand that limit. First I created a backup of the resource.cfg file. Then edited the original resource.cfg file with a text editor simply to:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Then I saved it. And opened my game - voila. After months of trying different things, all my CC was there. Thought I would share because this seems a bit of a lesser shared fix amongst advice I have seen through my searches. 

BR,

Carly

Message 39 of 52 (2,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I took your advice and it worked! Tysm!

Message 40 of 52 (1,929 Views)