Re: .package cc files not showing up in-game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Highlighted

@carlymcooper  Did you also replace your old ccmerged.package?  If not, please try it now.  And be sure to delete all five of the cache files any time you add or remove any content from your user folder:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Please also make sure that the new cc downloads you're testing with work as standalone items, i.e. they're not missing a mesh from another cc item or from a pack you don't own.  The descriptions on the download pages should state any requirements.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 52 (1,701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Many thanks puzzlezaddict, but still no luck. Re-made the Sims 3 File in Documents to ensure I had the new ccmerged.package - Even tested with old CC and new downloaded CC, deleting those cache files you suggested before starting. My bad luck with this one haha. 

Message 22 of 52 (1,680 Views)

@carlymcooper  Just in case it's that simple, please make sure the "run without custom content" box in the launcher is NOT checked.

If that's not the issue, please let me know whether you use OneDrive, and if so, whether it's set to automatically sync the contents of Documents.

Message 23 of 52 (1,666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Definitely unchecked. 

I do have OneDrive but don't actively use it, autosync must be off as the folder is empty. 

Message 24 of 52 (1,651 Views)

@carlymcooper  Okay, let's try something different.  Please send me a couple of links, via private message, to custom content that you've newly downloaded and can't get to show up in your game.  I'll test the items, and if I get them to show up in my game, I'll send you a user folder with them installed, and you let me know whether they show up in yours.

One more thing, just in case:  Do you have your user folder on an external drive or USB stick?  It should still work fine, but I'm curious anyway.

Message 25 of 52 (1,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, I'm having an issue with one specific file.. I haven't had issues with it before, but i got a new PC and for some reason it just won't show up in my game. All of my other cc is there, no problem.

EDIT: It's the lakeside saddlery hd horse coat

I've tried everything you said, even threw out my entire folder and downloaded new framework. It still won't work. I've tried putting it in Overrides like the website said but that didn't work either. I've never had problems with this file before, I was always able to use it without any issues... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Help? It's currently in my mods/packages.

Message 26 of 52 (1,618 Views)

@nynkeglas  I'll check it out later tonight when I have time.  In the interim, please remove the link: links to third-party downloads are not allowed on this site.

Message 27 of 52 (1,614 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, sorry! I edited it

Message 28 of 52 (1,611 Views)

★★ Novice

Not trying to be a bother but did you have any ideas?

Message 29 of 52 (1,553 Views)

[ Edited ]

@nynkeglas  I'm so sorry about the late reply.  I tested on one computer right away and couldn't make the item work, and I intended to test in a different OS... and then the Sims 4 patch hit and I've been totally swamped.  (I also needed to reinstall the game for unrelated reasons, which didn't help and is also not the point.)

Anyway, I couldn't make the cc show up either, and I'm not sure why.  I didn't get an error, just no item at all, and in a new user folder that only had the mods framework and a couple of NRaas mods.  I'm not sure what else to try, unfortunately.

And you're absolutely not being a bother.  This delay is all about my not managing to finish when I wanted to, and there's nothing wrong with bumping a thread if you don't get a reply.

Message 30 of 52 (1,504 Views)