Re: .package cc files not showing up in-game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I THINK I KNOW WHAT TO DO OMGGGGG WAIT ILL REPLY IF IT WORKED !!

Message 11 of 52 (3,514 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hi! It worked! I had to add the .resource.cfg package thing lol but not all my mods are in the game is there a mod for this? I have over 783 mods installed, they r all in game but not able to be used.
Message 12 of 52 (3,495 Views)

@15Mea15  It's possible that some mods conflict with or override each other.  I can't help you go through 783 mods, but try adding a handful at a time and see what happens.  For any mod that doesn't work, feel free to list it here, and please also let me know whether it works when it's the only mod present.

Be sure to keep deleting the cache files every time you add or remove content from your Sims 3 user folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 52 (3,484 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is really bad. So i took all mods out the game because im experiencing an issue i dont think anyone has ever had, hopefully you can view the attachment but i have no idea why my sims are doing this when i want to set their body look (size,muscles etc) do you know anyone i can go to or website to get this sorted :/

Message 14 of 52 (3,467 Views)
Highlighted

@15Mea15  That's bad custom content again, and not an uncommon effect.  If you really can't figure out where it's coming from, you may need to start with a clean Sims 3 folder and rebuild your content from there.  If you'd like to try the incremental way though, start with Method by Mell, and if that doesn't help, remove your Mods folder.  It's also a good idea to delete everything in DCBackup except for ccmerged.package; the other files are backups of content installed as Sims3Packs.

If that doesn't help either, pull your Library and SavedSims folders, then InstalledWorlds: bad cc can hide inside any other downloaded item.  But it has to be somewhere; the game doesn't look like that on its own.

Message 15 of 52 (3,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict
Hello. I have a problem with sims 3. I have everything installed correctly game version 67. I have .sims3pack and .package mods working correctly, there is a Mods folder, inside the Packages and Overrides folder, there is a resource file, but the CC content .package is not displayed ... I've read a lot of forums, but I don't know what to do. I tried deleting CASPartCache and other 4 files but it didn't work

Message 16 of 52 (3,377 Views)

@SkySimsSky  Please move all your .package-based custom content out of Packages; dumping the files in a folder on your desktop is fine.  Delete the five cache files again, move just one of the files back to Mods\Packages, and see whether it shows up in-game.  If it doesn't, please check the site where you found it to see whether it's listed as compatible with patch 1.67/1.69 and whether it requires a certain pack be installed in order to work.

Message 17 of 52 (3,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi there,

I've been following this thread, as I've been having some issues with .package CC files not showing up in game. Up until the other day my CC was working perfectly. But I added some more CC and my game was crashing every time I tried to start it up. So I removed my entire CC folder and then the game stopped crashing. However I have been following your steps and no CC seems to be showing. Do you have any further recommendations on this?

Nraas mods, no sparkles etc seem to still be working. Although the Nraas mods only worked when I re-downloaded them. In case that means anything?

Message 18 of 52 (3,268 Views)

Hero
@carlymcooper The crashing might have caused it to not show up. If re-downloaded files work, you can try re-downloading other Mods and CC and see if they show up in the game again. Don't forget to delete the cache.
It might also be a good idea to keep a backup of your Mods/CC after you confirm they work, so you don't have to re-download them again if something goes wrong.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 52 (3,254 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi - thanks for your response.

I actually had a backup of my CC. Neither the old CC or new CC will appear in game. Nraas Mods still work fine though. Strange. 

Message 20 of 52 (3,246 Views)