packa

by ComixCat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

packa

★★★ Novice

Hi all! So sorry if i have put this in the wrong place or am not supposed to discuss cc.

I have gotten back into sims 3 cc recently. The sims3pack files work like a charm but the PACKAGE files never show up in game.

Does anyone know where i can get the basic mods framework folder or the sims3pack generate tool (which changes packages to sims3packs), without modthesims (i do not like that site)?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 11 (809 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: packa

@ComixCat  Have you deleted the five cache files in the Sims 3 folder?  You need to delete them after adding any content to that folder, or removing any for that matter.  For reference, these are the files:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

And when you say the files don't show up, have you specifically looked for them in-game?  If not, please do so.  Your .package files won't show in the launcher and may not be listed at the Main Menu either; the only test is whether they're available in CAS or Build/Buy.

If deleting the cache files doesn't help and the content is definitely not available in-game, please post a screenshot of the contents of the Packages folder, as in, I'd like to see the list of files inside.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (725 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@ComixCat   Are you trying to install store items? Are you playing on a pc, mac, or console? Are you using Origin or the EA app?

Message 2 of 11 (782 Views)

@ComixCat  Mods are always in .package form and wouldn't even work if converted to .Sims3Pack and installed through the launcher.  Personally, I'd also always leave custom content in .package form: it's easier to manage or uninstall if you have an issue with a particular item or just don't want the content in-game anymore.

The Mods Framework is an MTS exclusive, but you can create your own: it's just a Mods folder with a Packages folder inside, plus a resource.cfg inside the Mods folder (but not inside Packages).  You can get that on any number of sites, including this install guide from NRaas, under blunote00's Checklist:

https://www.nraas.net/community/How-To-Install#Blunote00s-Check-List

Message 3 of 11 (772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am trying to install cc (usually for cas), not store content or mods. I play on windows 10 pc and use ea app, having switched from origin. Thanks for response

Message 4 of 11 (752 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the mods folder installed with cfg file inside and a package file within the mods to put the cc in. I am trying to install cc not mods if that makes a difference. The package files do seem easier but never, ever show up (Devil) whereas the sims3pack always do. I would just download the package to sims 3 pack converter but it's on mdts and i don't like that site.

Am i doing something wrong when installing the package files? Confused

Thank you for your response.

Message 5 of 11 (750 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry as well meant to name the thread package, not packa. 

Message 6 of 11 (745 Views)

@ComixCat  Have you deleted the five cache files in the Sims 3 folder?  You need to delete them after adding any content to that folder, or removing any for that matter.  For reference, these are the files:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

And when you say the files don't show up, have you specifically looked for them in-game?  If not, please do so.  Your .package files won't show in the launcher and may not be listed at the Main Menu either; the only test is whether they're available in CAS or Build/Buy.

If deleting the cache files doesn't help and the content is definitely not available in-game, please post a screenshot of the contents of the Packages folder, as in, I'd like to see the list of files inside.

Message 7 of 11 (726 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have deleted the cache files in the past, but didn't realise you had to it immediately afterwards. I'll try that when I get my laptop back on Monday, and if that doesn't work I'll definitely send the screenshot

Thank you for your help

Message 8 of 11 (689 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello!

So itried deleting the 5 cache files after placing the package files in the packages folder and it did not work Frown

Here is my Packages file. I have variously tried to install packages through placing them straight in, adding them to archive, extracting them (although this does nothing as 7zip says there was an error so couldn't add them to archive) as well as deleting the caches.

I get the feeling I am not doing something really, really obvious.

Thank you for your help Standard smile

Message 9 of 11 (518 Views)

@ComixCat  I see a couple of issues here.  One is that you have a few .rar files in your Packages folder as well as some shortcuts.  These shouldn't be present, so please remove them, extracting the .rar files if you want.  The other is that you have a number of files that are not strictly mods or custom content.  They're labeled ebf_0x , followed by a string of characters, and I believe these are saved households or builds.  As such, they should go in ...\The Sims 3\Library.  Whatever they are, they don't belong in Packages.

However, please put that aside for now.  Instead, move this entire Packages folder to the desktop, create a new one, and download a fresh copy of one script mod known to be compatible with patch 1.67 or 1.69 (doesn't matter).  Extract it if necessary, so it's in .package form, add it to the new Packages folder, delete scriptCache.package again, and see whether it shows up.

If this does NOT work, please let me know how you installed the game (Origin/EA App, disc, Steam, something else), and what patch level you see in the lower-left corner of the launcher.

Message 10 of 11 (512 Views)