Re: pack spotlight freezing game

by emmyftw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

pack spotlight freezing game

★★★ Novice

For the past few days, everytime I have loaded the game it freezes after pack spotlight shows. the pack spotlight comes on and when I try and click off it, the whole game freezes to the point of me having to turn my computer off and back on again. When I reload it again, the pack spotlight does not show and everything is fine. 

Is there a way to fix this or to turn off pack spotlight? 

Message 1 of 9 (770 Views)

Accepted Solution

@laurabeexo  Try disabling Game Mode and Game Bar.  Both are in Windows Settings > Gaming.

If that doesn't help, disable any overlays you have: Steam, Discord, etc.  Disable Origin in-game as well: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.  And try putting Origin in offline mode as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (564 Views)

All Replies

@laurabeexo  Sorry that no one replied to you sooner.  Does the computer freeze, or just the game?  If it happens again, hit crtl-alt-delete and try to bring up the Task Manager.  Let me know whether it works, and whether Sims 4 is listed as not responding.

Message 2 of 9 (701 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@laurabeexo  Sorry that no one replied to you sooner.  Does the computer freeze, or just the game?  If it happens again, hit crtl-alt-delete and try to bring up the Task Manager.  Let me know whether it works, and whether Sims 4 is listed as not responding.

it's fine! I waited 5 minutes just in case it was just a case of me being impatient but nothing. I hit the combination and clicked on task manager. the only time I am able to look at other windows that are open is when I have hit the windows button and hover over the icons. if I attempt to fully bring up the window then it does not work. it also is not listed as not responding.

Message 3 of 9 (666 Views)

@laurabeexo  Okay, so the game might not technically be "not responding," just not registering your clicks.  (Or it could be not responding and your system isn't registering it.)  This might be simply a question of clicking in the correct location to close the pop-up.  I've sometimes had to click around a bit to get the correct spot in the upper right corner.

Another possibility is that you have a Windows notification "underneath" the game window, and your computer thinks you're clicking the notification instead of within the game.  The solution to this is to disable notifications while you play.

Message 4 of 9 (646 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict

i tried clicking around to see if it was just not registering my clicks but even if I click somewhere else that is not the cross in the corner it still freezes. and I already have notifications turned off.

Message 5 of 9 (604 Views)

@laurabeexo  Try disabling Game Mode and Game Bar.  Both are in Windows Settings > Gaming.

If that doesn't help, disable any overlays you have: Steam, Discord, etc.  Disable Origin in-game as well: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.  And try putting Origin in offline mode as well.

Message 6 of 9 (565 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict that has worked! thank you so much for your help!

Message 7 of 9 (531 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I just learnt that my PC has game mode! LOL Thank you Puzzleaddict, I am seeing if this fixes my game too. Fingers crossed!
Message 8 of 9 (485 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@laurabeexo I waited for the (X) to go away, it froze because it has to load the CC into the game. It will work but patience is key. Hopefully EA see this as a bug and remove it, why do we need to be reminded of the game packs we don't have each time we play the game? WE GET IT ALREADY! EA WANTS MORE MONEY!
Message 9 of 9 (446 Views)