Re: over 720+ hrs of gameplay deleted

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

over 720+ hrs of gameplay deleted

★★★ Newbie

hey guys, i've been going through the forums and I haven't seen my specific situation anywhere so i'm really hoping someone will be able to help me. I haven't launched Sims 4 in over a month and the last time I did everything was fine. However, when I launched it today, it only pulled up my 2 most recently created sims from June 6th. I checked the routing, the game is reading the file from the right location. The saves are not in my recycling bin and OneDrive has the same 2 files, since that's where I usually save my games. Both OneDrive and my local save folders have been completely emptied except for these 2 random saves. And I know it wasn't me that deleted them because I have other things in my recycling bin, but my save files aren't among them. 

Does anyone have any idea what happened to them or how I can restore them? I'm so desperate!!!

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 2 (146 Views)

Re: over 720+ hrs of gameplay deleted

@aishlee  I don't know what happened, except that you're not the only one affected.  You can search your hard drives for your saves though; maybe you'll get lucky.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC, and search for Slot_* (with the asterisk), and that should find all saves on your hard drive, both any recent ones in your Sims 4 user data folder and any others hiding elsewhere.  If you do find others, please let me know the exact file path to them, because I'm curious where they might have landed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (113 Views)