origins won't save my played games

by Laerkebremer

Original Post

origins won't save my played games

★★★ Newbie

When I save and close down my current game, and come back to play the day after, and open the sims 4 - the button "indlæs spil" in English it must be "continue game" is gone and I have to start from scratch... can you help me out?

Message 1 of 4 (259 Views)

Re: origins won't save my played games

@Laerkebremer  It sounds like OneDrive might be syncing the contents of your Documents folder and also removing the files from your hard drive.  Saves are stored in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves, and the game will only look for data there, not anywhere else on your computer or in OneDrive.  If this is in fact the issue, you can tell OneDrive to stop automatically syncing Documents:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

If this is not the issue, please start a new save, exit to the Main Menu without quitting the game, click Load Game, choose that save, and hover over the folder icon with your other save info.  This will display the file path to the save you just created; please list it here.  You can write [username] instead of your actual username if you want, but please leave the rest of the file path intact, and let me know if the username is NOT the one you normally use.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (233 Views)

★★★ Newbie

/Users/laerkebremer/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/saves/Slot_00000002.save

Message 3 of 4 (207 Views)

@Laerkebremer  Okay, that's where the saves are supposed to be, that is if your computer's user account is named "laerkebremer."  Let me know if it's not, because that's a different issue.

Otherwise, please create another new save, quit the game, and immediately open Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves to see whether the save file is there.  Then restart your computer and check again.  The question is when the file disappears.  Of course, if it doesn't, load the game and see whether the save is present.

Please also let me know whether you use OneDrive, or if you have a Mac, iCloud Drive.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (191 Views)