origin

by SamanthaF97

Original Post

origin

★★ Novice

Hi, i have a basic membership with origin and the sims 3 says its included, which i was able to download and install even the packs with it. but whenever i try to launch the game to play, i get an error code which is - 0xc0000135 and i am just unable to play the game. can anyone help please?

Message 1 of 12 (638 Views)

Re: origin

@SamanthaF97  Where exactly in the process of trying to launch the game do you see the error?  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 12 (608 Views)

★★ Novice

I get the error code when i just click to launch the start up, the icon on desktop. The start up menu doesn’t begin, i just get the error code

Message 3 of 12 (554 Views)

@SamanthaF97  Please make sure .NET Framework 3.5 is enabled on your computer.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "appwiz.cpl" without quotes.  In the File Explorer window that opens, click "Turn Windows features on or off," and you'll see this:

Windows features (+.NET).png

.NET Framework 3.5 is the first entry; make sure the box next to it is filled in.  If not, click the box, let Windows download the framework, restart your computer, and try to launch Sims 3.

If it still doesn't work, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

Message 4 of 12 (532 Views)

★★ Novice

I honestly have no clue about any of that! I’m on a laptop, and its not windows.. maybe its because its just a laptop i thought at first maybe too old or not enough RAM. But the sims 4 works perfectly fine on the same laptop so it can’t be that, right?

Message 5 of 12 (517 Views)

@SamanthaF97  If your laptop runs Sims 4, it runs Windows (or macOS).  Please follow the instructions I posted.

Message 6 of 12 (496 Views)

★★ Novice

i would follow them instructions if i had a clue what i was doing. But thankyou.

Message 7 of 12 (460 Views)

★★ Novice

this is the dxdiag i ran.

Message 8 of 12 (451 Views)

★★ Novice

i also have done this too once i figured it out, everything is ticked and nothing needed to be changed.

Message 9 of 12 (448 Views)

@SamanthaF97  Your dxdiag lists a couple of errors related to .NET, although it's not clear which version is throwing the error.  So please start by running a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, and manually run any pending Windows updates.  Hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  Then download and run the .NET repair tool from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Even though the download page doesn't say so, it's supported in Windows 8.1.

When you're done, test the game.  If it still doesn't work, please run another dxdiag.

Message 10 of 12 (408 Views)