origin update deleted game progress on The Sims 4

by alwegener

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin update deleted game progress on The Sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

I got in contact with EA a month ago because on more than one occasion, whenever I have gone to play the sims, Origin has needed an update and the update results in the wiping of all my game progress. The last time this happened was on April 8th (which was when I last played the game) and the help assistant took me through steps to ensure it didn't happen again but that hasn't appeared to have worked. 

Today is the first time I went to continue playing the game and surprise surprise, origin updated and now my sims game is as if I just bought it today! 

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or does anyone know how I can stop it from happening again?

Message 1 of 4 (529 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin update deleted game progress on The Sims 4

I haven't but I suggest making a back up before updating the next time:
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (564 Views)

All Replies

I haven't but I suggest making a back up before updating the next time:
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just had the same problem. Searching through these help forums has not helped. Creating a backup may help in the future but does not get the game back that I was already playing. Not to mention that creating a backup is a lot of effort for playing a game that costs as much as it does - it really should work the way it's supposed to. 

Message 3 of 4 (485 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@emattbax @alwegener Is your computer a pc? Are you running Windows 10 or Windows 8? When file manipulation occurs that is a function of the operating system and at this point I don't know ANYTHING about your computer.

Message 4 of 4 (479 Views)