origin account merge lost my Sims 3

by sammiewheldon

Original Post

Highlighted

origin account merge lost my Sims 3

★ Novice

I registered all my disc copies (every expansion and stuff pack) of The Sims 3 to the Sims 3 website before Origin was a thing in an old EA account. I recently asked to have my old account merged with my newer one (I have The Sims 4 on this one) through Origin, resulting in only getting the the base game and "Show Time' and my old account was deleted. I have the serial codes and disks for all my games but because the code was redeemed in my old EA account on the sims 3 website I can't get them on my new one and I don't want to have to rebuy the digital versions. I was talking to an advisor and they said something about new codes and to just play the game and wait for them to turn up in my newer origin account but the game won't even start and I feel like I've just lost $550ish plus a heap of store content items.

Message 1 of 3 (406 Views)

Re: origin account merge lost my Sims 3

@sammiewheldon  I'm sorry, but only EA customer support can help you sort this out.  No one on this site has access to your account details, much less the ability to restore your games.  And you should have been told that your store content wouldn't transfer to your new account.  Unlike packs, store stuff can't be merged into the new account, probably because most of the items don't have their own codes.

I'm sorry this process turned into such a mess for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (387 Views)

Re: origin account merge lost my Sims 3

★ Novice

I can't even get the base game to run through Origin anymore and I told them that and they're like "it'll be fine, give it a minute" I have so much regret. 😂

Message 3 of 3 (373 Views)