only one household won't open on Sims 4 ?!!

by aidadia96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

only one household won't open on Sims 4 ?!!

★ Novice

so I can't open a household but my others seem to be working fine. I have tried repairing the game, deleting and reinstalling Origin, deleted localthumbcache.package, deleted lastexception.txt and lastcrash.txt, emptied the cache folder, etc ! I can't do that thing where you move the Sims 4 folder to the desktop because I already have a Sims 4 folder on my desktop and when it gives me the option to replace it I'm not sure if I should ?? like what happens if you do that ?? please help, my Sim won the LOTTERY so I don't wanna lose this household Frown(((((((((((( also this household is not saved to my library (I have learned my lesson </3) so I can't do a factory reset.

Message 1 of 6 (421 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: only one household won't open on Sims 4 ?!!

[ Edited ]
Champion

@aidadia96 If you want you can just rename your Sims folder before moving it to your desktop (Call it. Something like “The Sims 4_OLD”). This way it won’t overwrite the previous one you have there.

This way when you leave Origin and restart sims the game should create a fresh The Sims 4 folder and once you go into the game and confirm that it is performing correctly you can begin to re-add your tray folder, latest save game and mods/cc one at a time testing after each addition to see which item is breaking the function you want.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (410 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@aidadia96 If you want you can just rename your Sims folder before moving it to your desktop (Call it. Something like “The Sims 4_OLD”). This way it won’t overwrite the previous one you have there.

This way when you leave Origin and restart sims the game should create a fresh The Sims 4 folder and once you go into the game and confirm that it is performing correctly you can begin to re-add your tray folder, latest save game and mods/cc one at a time testing after each addition to see which item is breaking the function you want.

Message 2 of 6 (411 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@aidadia96 Additional information... a fellow helper has found this bug report and we are wondered if it fits your issue. Can you please read the bug report, and if it fits your issue add a "me too" vote to the original report, then add a post with details about your experience and your computer. This is helpful for them and for you... it provides them with additional information and statistics, it potentially raises the importance/legitimacy of the the issue in getting attention/priority, it gives you an avenue to see if someone created(s) a work-around and to be notified once it is fixed by signing up for post updates. Win-win.

(Please take special note of Crinict's solution/workaround on the current post.)
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sims-Showing-as-off-lot-while-at-home/m-p/7199648

Message 3 of 6 (379 Views)

★ Novice

thank you so much, just moving the folder to desktop seemed to work ! just to confirm that the other thread is not the same problem I was experiencing and I also have no CC/mods.

Message 4 of 6 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@aidadia96  Awesome! I'm so glad to hear it! Thank you for letting us know - you made my day! Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (346 Views)

★ Novice

aw happy to hear it! thanks again! Standard smile)))

Message 6 of 6 (294 Views)