Re: online pass that comes with Sims 3 for xbox 360

by QueenPaulaJV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

online pass that comes with Sims 3 for xbox 360

★★★ Newbie

Hello ,

I am trying to figure out why my daughter can not get online. I purchase the Sims 3 game (xbox360). It came with a "ACTIVATE YOUR ONLINE PASS" plus the 166 digit code. I entered it in and it took but the screen or connect with online people never showed. I followed the steps.

1)  press the xbox symbol on the controller

2) navigate to market place

3) select "redeem code" enter code and enjoy...

but like I said I don't see other people online nor do I see a access to click the tab for online.

Is there another add-on or is that is how its going to view? 

Also I see that you can purchase a online pass for 800 points is that the same pass that came with the game?

thank you and have a blessed day,

Lisa Marie

Message 1 of 14 (14,397 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

The Online Pass was discontinued, you should be able to either play your game without or you should be able to download the Online Pass for free from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Read more about that here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/online-pass-has-been-discontinued/

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (15,395 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

The Online Pass was discontinued, you should be able to either play your game without or you should be able to download the Online Pass for free from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Read more about that here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/online-pass-has-been-discontinued/

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 14 (15,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for this helpful information! Much appreciated!

Message 3 of 14 (13,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem. I did download the free online pass, but I still can't access the exchange.
Message 4 of 14 (11,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dude, did u buy the online pass ADD-ON ? I think it only comes seperet . 

Message 5 of 14 (9,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I know this is quite some time in the future, but I just did this and I can't access the exchange either.
Message 6 of 14 (6,995 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
I can't access it either! It's so frustrating.
Message 7 of 14 (5,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem to when I click on "redeem code" it says "enter the 25-character code from your prepaid card" I. Tried all the codes I could find but none worked I have my brothers old sims and He doesn't know what to do either 😞🙁.      

Please fix

all my love,  Grace xxx

Message 8 of 14 (5,413 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@GAMINGGRACIE2007  I think your talking about an XBOX Live prepaid card.  I think you need to have an XBOX Live gold account (you need this to do just about anything). This is a 5 part - 5 character code you need to activate the gold account. Once entered the clock starts ticking for the amount of time indicated on the card for your XBOX account.

Message 9 of 14 (5,395 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Spectre wrote:

I just bought the game yesterday, downloaded the Online Pass from the Xbox Live Marketplace (it's free to download), but I can't see anything in The Exchange. Seeing that your reply is from three and a half years ago, the help.ea.com page you left the link for is gone.

Anyone knows why is The Exchange unavailable? I just hope EA didn't discontinue it for consoles. PC version of The Exchange seems to work fine, judging from its page.This is assuming that PC and consoles don't use the same servers, as I'm sure the PC version of the game is slightly different.

Thanks in advance!

Message 10 of 14 (5,174 Views)