one household wont load but all others do

by bwarch196

Original Post

one household wont load but all others do

★★★ Newbie

Hi! after my sims 4 recently updated I have not been able to open one of my households heres what happens 

I can open sims and all of my other house holds load and run but when I select my main household and click play it will go to the green diamond loading screen and just never go past that, I have left my computer like that for hours and nothing

I have disabled all mods so Idk whats happening 

Message 1 of 2 (167 Views)

Re: one household wont load but all others do

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

It's possible the lot might be damaged; you may have to temporarily move the family on that lot to another.

I would recommend backing up your Sims 4 folders to a temporary location before you attempt to move them, in case anything goes wrong.

Here's a link on how to back up your saves: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/save.php

In regards to the steps thereafter, try the following:

- Select the lot in question

- Select "Move Household."

- Select an empty lot to move them to.

- Attempt to play the Sims on the empty lot. (If you can, then it means the Sims there are okay.) (If you can't access the Sims, it may mean you have damaged Sims.)

- Before you attempt to move the Sims back, try to access the problem lot in Build Mode.

- If it works, attempt to move your Sims back. (This will likely cost household funds, you can recoup lost funds via the cheat console.)

- If they move back successfully, make sure to Save.

- If the Sims DO NOT move back successfully, or the lot freezes again, you may have to wipe the lot before moving the Sims back in.

As I mentioned, back up your folders before you do any of these steps, that way if anything goes awry, you can just copy the backup and overwrite any changes that were made.

(As a reminder, I do not work for EA.)

- B

Message 2 of 2 (161 Views)