Re: old saves aren't showing up in game as well as my cc

by CMeki

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I'm sorry that solution didn't work for you. I was really hoping it would. It has saved my bacon more than I can count.

Downloading something shouldn't make it to where you can't see your saves or use your mods/cc.

Message 21 of 29 (396 Views)

★★★★ Novice
There is actually something I had decided to try and found quite weird. I got rid of the save file containing the save that only appears in the game currently and then opened the game again only to see that the save is still there in the game apparently. So I checked my OneDrive to see if somehow, even though it said it was reading the one in my computer and not OneDrive, and it was also gone from my OneDrive folder too. Weird right?
Message 22 of 29 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@VixNovacoda28

Well, I've heard that OneDrive can screw with your game.. Frown

Did you try starting the game with OneDrive turned off?

If your folders are syncing to OneDrive or something like that it might have an impact, so I want to know what happends if you turn off OneDrive, have the saves and mods in your user documents, and also, where the resource.cfg is created Standard smile

Message 23 of 29 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I've done a little searching on the issues you're having.

When Sims 4 is stuck in process and not doing anything the solution is to uninstall/reinstall Origin and/or clear Origin cache.

Uninstall the Origin client
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Delete Origin cache files
https://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files.html

Did Crinrict mention these? If so, sorry about the repeat tips.

I am not familiar with OneDrive and don't use it, as it does mess up games and causes problems with other programs. I tried to search both these terms -
Getting files from OneDrive
How do i move a file from onedrive to my pc?

I'm getting something about fetching files from support.office.com, but it's talking about fetching files from your pc to OneDrive or something like that. I don't think that's what the issue is?

If I understand correctly, you want the files from Onedrive to be moved back to your computer. As it's not syncing anymore. I'm also getting some some instructions from a site that I'm not familiar with, when searching the move files, so I didn't want to post that just in case.

It is weird that your save after deleting it is still there in the load game menu.

Message 24 of 29 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

"When Sims 4 is stuck in process and not doing anything the solution is to uninstall/reinstall Origin and/or clear Origin cache"

This is not the issue here though, the game isn't stuck in process or not doing anything, the problem is that it does not recognize the user game files..

The game can be played just fine, VixNovacoda just does not want to without her saves and mods, which is normal Standard smile

I really do not think Origin has anything to do with this, thanks for trying though.

Message 25 of 29 (364 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The saves and mods are already in my documents folder. I also tried it with OneDrive off, but it did not do anything. Also the resource.cfg files are in these locations on my pc 

Message 26 of 29 (356 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@VixNovacoda28

Hm okay. And if you enter the game, start a new save of if you have any there, save it again, exit, and then search for "slot_" on your computer, where is the latest file that shows up located?

For example here are my save files (yes I have not played since before Christmas, I have exams..) :'(

Skärmklipp.PNG

What I'm trying to do is to make sure we know 100% what file directory the game is using, then if we put your old saves there and they still do not show up we'll try to solve that, are you with me? Standard smile

(I need some sims user file created after 2018-01-06)

Message 27 of 29 (349 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Actually, I have just found out what is exactly wrong with the game. I've been checking the wrong folder. I am so sorry for wasting your time and thank you ^-^ I'm going to put my saves from doc to the actual folder it is using now.
Message 28 of 29 (333 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@VixNovacoda28

Amazing!
Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 29 of 29 (323 Views)