Re: offline mode

by rayzac

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Yup, I've got Offline mode in origin too.

Message 11 of 27 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

The Sims 4 does not use cloud saves so whether this is on or not does not matter.

What I wanted you to do is Click Origin and see if it says Go Offline . If it does click it to go Offline. It will change to say Go Online.

It seems Gabe needs to consult a superior on how the game works there is no such thing as having too much SP, GP or EP. He may have confused it with the latest EP Cats & Dogs that had higher demands than previous meaning that som computers that were border line could not run it.

Did you have a lot of Mods or CC in your Mods folder as was claimed. If not I would disregard every thing he has said about what you have on your HD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 27 (341 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sorry bout that. Yes, whenever I start Origin, I make Sure it says Offline Mode (in blue) in the upper right corner Before I click Play. As for what's in Mods - 534 MB, 423 files.

I certainly hope there wouldn't be "too many EP, SP, or GP"!  Hell, I want them all when I can afford it.

Message 13 of 27 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Just to rule out that Mods have anything to do with it please try to move your Mods folder to somewhere else such as your Desktop for safekeeping. Then try the game and see if that makes a difference. Also it appears that you are running dual 970 cards in SLI mode, Try to disable SLI and see if the game runs better. In rare cases a faulty SLI bridge can cause problems or poor connections can. I have all expansion, game and stuff packs and there are absolutely no problem with that.

Edit: also delete your localthumbcache.package  It will be recreated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 14 of 27 (318 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've run this test with the mods folder moved to desktop already, and both the localthumbcache.package and the Sims4/cache directory are deleted every time CCleaner is run (included in the  CCleaner rules) and the freezes are still occurring. I've attached a Speccy print out just to confirm what I have in my PC. I have dual monitors, but only one GPU. Great to hear you have all the expansions. I have another issue I'm trying to sort to - I received the 18th Anniversary email with the promos, but it was sent on 02/09 at 9:31pm CST, and the promo expired on 02/08 at 10am. Suvajani from EA Help told me "mistakes happen" and I'm SOL on the offers.

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-4300 20 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) (MS-7641) (CPU1) 22 °C
Graphics
C27F591 (1920x1080@59Hz)
C27F591 (1920x1080@59Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 30 °C
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-75ZF5A0 (SATA) 23 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1ER162 (SATA) 23 °C
Optical Drives
hp CDDVDW TS-H653R
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Message 15 of 27 (312 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It may be something on the network that causes the issue. What else do you have on your local network? Another computer/Printer/TV or other?

Could you try disconnecting everything else but your PC reset the router and see if you still have the problem when online.

Message 16 of 27 (294 Views)

★★ Apprentice

OK I have gone this far. Crash box - never had Origin or associated games on it. Downloaded and installed. New game - no mods, no saves. Network - no router, just plain ole cable modem. Crash box (Windows 10 Home) - cable - modem, nothing else. Start game - normal tutorials, etc. Start new lot. Freeze/Lockup about every 2-5 minutes, each lasting around 30-45 seconds. Play for about an hour. Shut down Sims 4 and Origin. Cruise over to Sims 4/Cache - 969 files/356 MB. Speed test - Down 50.83 Mbps/Up 9.61 Mbps/Latency 30 ms. I can run other installed games (SimCity / SimCity 4 / SWToR) - (Diablo III - 4 man grift) with no issue at all. Additional testing - OBS Studio/Diablo III/Logitech HD Pro 920/Blue Yeti USB Mic/iTunes streaming in the background. So far my rigs and internet can handle just about anything I throw at it - except for Sims 4. Way too much reading/accessing/writing going on in the background. If I pull the Cat cable during the Sims 4 session - all background activity stops and Sims 4 runs beautiful. I'm stumped. Going forward as far as I can tell, Sims 4 only needs internet for updates and if I want to browse community content. Otherwise I can play offline, and it's perfect (on high settings). Pretty much started this whole issue after Cats & Dogs update (which I don't even have). 

Message 17 of 27 (277 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There should not be this amount of traffic. I must admit that I'm stumped in regards to what could cause it. Try to see if you can get it escalated up the ladder with EA support. Reference this thread.

@crinrictis there something you can do?

Message 18 of 27 (275 Views)

Hero
Is this with or without going to the gallery ? And you have the files AFTER completely shutting down the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 27 (267 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If Game Options/Other/Online Feature Access is checked, then as soon as a saved or new game is loaded, the background activity begins. The files in the Sims 4/Cache directory never get deleted or cleared unless I delete them. Even after completely shutting down the game, Origin, and rebooting the PC. 

Message 20 of 27 (246 Views)