not launching

by deemer21

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 doesn't start - No Error Message (Patch 1.68.154)

[ Edited ]

@Sims4LOverZRule  Please try sfc /scannow, and then see whether the game works.  If not, please try a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Instructions for Window 7 specifically are a bit further down the page.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 141 of 304 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I can't see my posts here any more. There are in my recent activities but not here. Have there happened something? 

Message 142 of 304 (878 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@LorrusGrymn might be best to talk to a moderator of the forums instead of asking here, don't want to mix up topics lol

Message 143 of 304 (840 Views)

not launching

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the latest, november updated
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, seasons, get to work, get famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? the game is not running.
What happens when the bug occurs? the game is not launching, only origin opens
What do you expect to see? run and play the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after november update suddenly one night

I run the game as an administrator still nothing. I changed my security to windows security and put the file as exception. still NOTHING. I'm disappointed and don't know what to do.

Message 144 of 304 (651 Views)

Re: not launching

@deemer21  Please try the steps listed here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-doesn-t-start-No-Error-Message-Pa...

In particular, be sure to completely disable your antivirus, at least long enough to test.  It's often not enough anymore to simple add exceptions for the game and Origin.

If none of those steps help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 145 of 304 (624 Views)

Sims 4 Won't open

★ Novice

After the November 2020 update my game won't open. It'll act like it's gonna start up, but it just opens to a white screen, then closes to Origin after a few seconds.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, removing mods and replacing, using Legacy Edition, clearing the cashe folder, and updating my graphics.

Message 146 of 304 (645 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Won't open

@manicCryptid  Please try the steps listed here, at least the ones you haven't already done:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-doesn-t-start-No-Error-Message-Pa...

In particular, please completely disable your antivirus; it's often not enough to merely set exceptions for the game and Origin.

Message 147 of 304 (634 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

hey, just wanted to mention that origin had just updated and nothing changed, thought it'd be worth the mention xd

Message 148 of 304 (752 Views)

The Sims 4 game won’t even start after the Nov 10th update

★★★★ Novice

I’ve tried every solution available and my game won’t even start. I hit play, the screen goes back to my desktop and then Origin pops back up. The game never even starts. 

Message 149 of 304 (750 Views)

sims 4 won't open

★ Novice

Since Nov 12th I cannot get Sims 4 to open.  I also have Sims 3 and Sim City, and both those games do open.

When I click on the Sims 4 game, and hit "Play", it acts like it's going to open but then goes back to the Origin start up screen.  it does update to look like I've played today, even though the game never actually opened.  I've done all the recent updates.  I'm running on Windows 10.  What else can I do?  Should I uninstall?  

Message 150 of 304 (720 Views)