Re: no sound sims 4

by LoweFam123

Original Post

no sound sims 4

★ Novice

My Dell xps 9530 running windows 10 won't play any audio for sims 4 unless I use headphones and when the headphones die (airpods) the computer freezes until I hard press the shut down key.

I can play audio in other games as well as listen to music, only sims 4 is giving me this issue.

I have followed the answers on this link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/SOLUTION-Sims4-No-Sound-Bug-on-Computer-Laptop/td-p/60...

1. I have deleted the config and options files.

2. I have used dell's driver update to install the updated driver for Realtek Audio.

3. I have opened up the volume mixer and can see that the sims4 is not muted.

4. I have repaired the game file using origin.

5. I have uninstalled Realtek Audio and reinstalled it.

I do not have any mods installed.

Furthermore, I reset this PC by deleting all personal data and starting with a fresh download of windows 10, and have followed steps 1-5 a second time around.

Please advise.

Message 1 of 3 (330 Views)

Dot.: no sound sims 4

Hero (Retired)
@m0p1ka

Use Windows + "G" keys compilation while the game is running - this is how you get to the sound settings in the game. Check if this sound is turned on there. If it isn't - turn it on.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 3 (318 Views)

Re: no sound sims 4

★★ Novice

For me, If I accidentally unplug my headphones and try to plug it back in, the audio for the sims 4 is gone and I have to rejoin to hear ts4 again. My game doesn't freeze though, so maybe consider wired headphones and see if it still freezes?

Message 3 of 3 (298 Views)