Re: no sound on sims 4

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

no sound on sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything anyone has suggested to me and I still have no sound while on sims. I've uninstalled the game and origin and reinstalled them both. My sound works on everything other than sims. I've checked all my pc settings nothings muted, I've disabled and reenabled my speakers/headphones. All my drivers are up to date, my pc is up to date. I've tried repairing the game in origin and still nothing. Does anyone have any solutions for me to try please! I can't play the game without any sound

Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

Re: no sound on sims 4

@JordieeNicolee  Just checking, but did you ever disable the game's sound within Origin?  If you're not sure, please double-check.  Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and if you see -nosound in the command line box, delete it and save.

If that's not the issue, please try using a different sound device, preferably one that utilizes a different type of connection, e.g. USB or Bluetooth vs. jack.  And try having only one device plugged in at a time.

If that doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (83 Views)