Re: no snow on the ground in sims 4. how do i fix it

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

no snow on the ground in sims 4. how do i fix it

★★★★★ Novice

For some reason there is no snow falling on the ground in my game. how do I fix that. I think I asked this question already, cant find original thread.

Message 1 of 10 (1,255 Views)

Re: Snow not appearing on the ground

★★★★★ Novice

hi @puzzlezaddict I'm having the same issue. Can I send you  my dxdiag list or should I just uninstall and just reinstall the updated graphic card.

Message 2 of 10 (1,241 Views)

[ Edited ]

@trish089  Please do post a current dxdiag, and I'll take a look.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 10 (1,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict i did this last night hoping to hear from you...so i hope this is ok

Message 4 of 10 (1,195 Views)

@trish089  Yes, that's more than current enough.  A dxdiag from several weeks ago might not be relevant, but one from after the problem showed up is fine.

The driver for your Nvidia graphics card is over three years old, so the place to start is by installing a current one.  You can get the newest one from Nvidia here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/175870/en-us

Run it as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart after installing and before trying to play.

Message 5 of 10 (1,187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict so I installed the new graphics driver Abe restarted my laptop but still have the same issue...should I repair the game and try again I’ll send the in game graphics

Message 6 of 10 (1,168 Views)

@trish089  Repairing wouldn't hurt.  It's also a good idea to test in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet, not even your saves.  Instead, start a new save, choose winter for the season, and let the game clock run until it starts snowing.  After a couple sim-hours, see whether the snow has accumulated on the ground or not.

Message 7 of 10 (1,152 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict ok so the repair did not work. so I am going to try your way and see what happens. My question to you is, how can I add my mods from the folder I saved to my desktop to the new sims 4 folder? 

Message 8 of 10 (1,134 Views)

@trish089  You can simply copy and paste or drag and drop the mods into the new folder, but please don't do so until you've tested without mods at least once.

Message 9 of 10 (1,125 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Ok no problem. Thank you..I’ll let you know if this works

Message 10 of 10 (1,103 Views)