no load game button sims 4

by DAJAH12345

Original Post

Re: no load game button sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH I CRIED FOR TWO HOURS. You saved me losing 397hours of gameplayHeart

Message 11 of 25 (2,077 Views)

Hero

Hi @spookyspill

I'm glad you got your saves back.

For the future, please start making regular backups: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 25 (2,067 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi. My friend tried the steps but after moving the save folder out of the game files, opening the game and closing it, the game did not generate a new "Saves" folder. I was very frustrated and initiated a backup plan, using the process on another website.

I then had her put the Saves folder from the desktop back into the game, open the game, press Play, make a sim and place them in the town. She then selected "Save and Exit". Then I had her open the game again, and her buttons were back, but the only saved file left was the one she had just created.

I told her to uninstall The Sims 4 and reinstall the game, we are awaiting the results. Is there anything that I could have done? Why didn't the game create a new Saves file?
Message 13 of 25 (2,008 Views)

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/ you mean this?

Did she move the files back before or after the saving?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 14 of 25 (1,994 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes, that is the website. She quit the game (which was on the Main Menu), opened game files, put the Saves folder back into the game, and then reopened the game which led to saving-and-quitting. So to answer your question: the "Saves" folder was back in the game files when she saved.

Update on the reinstallation: This did not put her Saves Games back (I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but her New Game and Load Game buttons disappeared [and came back after the process here, however her Saves were gone]).
Message 15 of 25 (1,984 Views)

Let her try leaving out the file named 'slot_00000001.save'. That's the auto-save, that might be acting up.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 16 of 25 (1,985 Views)

★★★ Novice
Do you mean that she should delete that file from the Saves folder? I don't understand what you mean by leaving it out, there's not anywhere else to put it from what I know.
Message 17 of 25 (1,974 Views)

Just leave it outside of the EA folder. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 18 of 25 (1,967 Views)

★★★ Novice
Okay, I will instruct her to do so. Should I have her move it back after?
Message 19 of 25 (1,939 Views)

★★★ Novice
Not sure if this was exactly the correct move, but I had her move the file out of her EA files and start up the game. No such luck—her old saved games are not back.
Message 20 of 25 (1,928 Views)