newest patch / update did not happen Sept 5

by APGJamie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

newest patch / update did not happen Sept 5

★★★★ Novice

my The Sims 4 did not update nor do I see how I can manually do that. The option is on in origin (update automatically) but le sigh it hasn't and maybe this would fix my other little issue (missing option to troll teh the folums)

thanks for your help

Message 2 of 6 (447 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: newest patch / update did not happen Sept 5

Hero (Retired)

Hi @APGJamie - "Troll the Forums" is unlocked at Level 2 Mischief skill. Since your other households have it available, try leveling your new household sim by mischief interactions in the chat menu. Once your sim is at level 2, the option should appear on the computer.

Are you certain your game didn't update? Usually, if you click on The Sims 4 icon in Origin, if the update is available but not installed, there will be a message that an update is available and you can start it from that screen. When you click into the main launch menu, at the bottom of the page it should say "Version 1.55.105.1020" if it's updated to the Sept 2019 patch.

Reply back and let us know if you need help forcing an update. Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (405 Views)

All Replies

Troll teh the forums - option not available on pc in my newest household

★★★★ Novice

in my newest household the option for Troll teh the foums is not there. I have NO CC or MODS. The option is still available in my existing households

thanks so much

Message 1 of 6 (449 Views)

@APGJamie  I've merged your posts and moved the thread to the Sims 4 PC tech forum.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (424 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @APGJamie - "Troll the Forums" is unlocked at Level 2 Mischief skill. Since your other households have it available, try leveling your new household sim by mischief interactions in the chat menu. Once your sim is at level 2, the option should appear on the computer.

Are you certain your game didn't update? Usually, if you click on The Sims 4 icon in Origin, if the update is available but not installed, there will be a message that an update is available and you can start it from that screen. When you click into the main launch menu, at the bottom of the page it should say "Version 1.55.105.1020" if it's updated to the Sept 2019 patch.

Reply back and let us know if you need help forcing an update. Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 6 (406 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OMgosh, I feel so silly! Sorry for the trouble and I guess it updated much faster on this new machine then what I used to.

more thank you and please feel free to delete this whole debacle post lawrds 

Message 5 of 6 (397 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@APGJamie wrote:

OMgosh, I feel so silly! Sorry for the trouble and I guess it updated much faster on this new machine then what I used to.

more thank you and please feel free to delete this whole debacle post lawrds 

You're very welcome! Please don't feel silly, I have had similar problems in the past, and having the solution posted here in the forums can help a lot of others, trust me!

Enjoy your new computer & Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 6 (387 Views)