new hard drive, sims 4 won't download

by MissM82

Original Post

new hard drive, sims 4 won't download

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I've just had my hard drive replaced so had to reinstall origin and Sims 4. it's now coming up with an error message when I try to launch the game: 'the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found'. Then the same about VCRUNTIME140.dll. Any ideas what I can do?

Message 1 of 2 (111 Views)

Re: new hard drive, sims 4 won't download

@MissM82  Those files are part of the 2015-2019 VC++ runtimes, which Sims 4 uses.  So it's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have them, and download new ones from Microsoft.

Click Windows key-i, select Apps, and scroll down to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.  Click on the 2015 (or 2017, or 2015-2019) versions, both x86 and x64, and Uninstall.  (Don't touch the versions from any other year.)  Then download and install new versions directly from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need both the x86 and x64 versions, but you can skip the ARM version, which is for a different class of device.  Restart your computer before trying to play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (88 Views)