new compuiter

by jayreok

Original Post

new compuiter

★★★ Novice

Im going to buy a new computer but want the sims3 to work..

will it work with this computer?

Useful info:

• Intel® Core™ i3-3240, 3.3GHz Dual Core Processor
  • FREE McAfee Antivirus Plus Software
  • 6Gb RAM
  • 500Gb hard drive
  • 18.5 inch 1366 x 768 LED monitor
  • DVD/RW drive
  • Microsoft Windows 8 Home Premium
  • Windows 8 keyboard & Mouse
  • Intel HD 2500 Graphics
  • 6 x USB 2.0 Ports (2 front, 4 rear)
  • 1 x DVI, 1 x VGA Port
  • HD Audio onboard
  • Wireless b/g/n network card
  • Zoostorm Intel® Core™ i3 desktop PC with monitor
Message 1 of 4 (239 Views)

Re: new compuiter

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Currently many users are having difficulties playing the Sims 3 on Windows 8 even with compatibility mode. My sister has Windows 8 and could not get it work past the intial Choose/Make/Move in a Household selection.

I haven't seen anyone online or personally with the Sims 3 working properly on Windows 8, so I don't think it will run on your new computer.

Also see this topic on this forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Error-Analysis-Pressing-PLAY-does-nothing-Game-won-t-start-at/m-...

They mentioned something about getting it to work on Windows 8, but I didn't read the solution.

Message 2 of 4 (236 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Although the I3 is fast enough, the I5 is still more powerful at the same speed. If ever you want computing power you want it for TS3. FREE McAfee - big deal. Most of my group use Microsoft Security Essentials - ti's free and it works. Intel integrated graphics - nothing but trouble for TS3. Maybe good for student/social computer but not for TS3. Windows 8 is hit or miss. I had the base game working on my Win 8 pro ASUS eee. Many people have posted about problems with Win 8. They never say which version they have and I think the problem has to do with the version of Win 8.

Message 3 of 4 (227 Views)

Hero

Try to get an i5 or i7. I3s are known to have overheating issue. Also make sure to have a proper graphic card in your system and not a chip. Windows shold be 64 bit and not 32 bit (doesn't state that part)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (226 Views)