Re: new cc won’t show up in game

by laikpoppy

Original Post

new cc won’t show up in game

★★ Novice

hello so I downloaded some new cc skins and hair for the sims 4 (which I already have cc in the sims) ,but whenever I load up the game it won’t show it in cas or anything. I made the sims generate a new mods folder and moved my cc there and it didn’t help and I made sure to restart my game and make sure I have script mods and cc enabled and I repaired my game and still no fix. My mods folder and mods are in the right place and they are extracted from any zips. Please help thank you! 

Message 1 of 6 (380 Views)

@laikpoppy  If you add some of your old custom content to the folder where you put your new cc, does it show up?  Does your computer run the standard version of Sims 4 or the Legacy Edition?  If you're not sure, look for the version number along the bottom of the Main Menu, where you'd choose to load a save or start a new one.  Please post the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (355 Views)

★★ Novice

My other cc (not the new ones that won’t show up) they show up in game and cas normally and my version number is 1.66.139.1020 . I really appreciate you trying to help me Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (336 Views)

@laikpoppy  Please post a screenshot of the folder where you've added the new custom content.  Be sure to include the file path, above the list of files.  If you username appears anywhere, you can black that out, but leave the rest of the file path intact.

Message 4 of 6 (325 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I’m sorry I had to crop the photos to make it fit the requirements. 

Message 5 of 6 (316 Views)

@laikpoppy  So all your old custom content and your new cc is in that folder in the second screenshot?  Did you download any default replacement skins?  If so, that might be the issue: you can only have one default replacement active at a time, and the others won't show.  That's not usually the issue with hairs though.

As a test, can you try removing the entire Mods folder and adding only the new cc you want to try?  (Be sure to delete localthumbcache.package too.)  Please let me know if any of it shows up, and if your old cc shows up as well.  This is in case there's a second Sims 4 folder that the game is reading.  It should be using the one in your screenshot, but occasionally it picks a different location for some reason.

If none of the new cc shows up, and your old cc is still gone after you've removed the Mods folder, then you're in the correct folder, and the cc may be the issue.  In that case, please PM me links to a couple of items that aren't working.  (We can't post links to third-party content on this forum, but sending links via PM is fine.)  I'll have a look in my game and see if I can get the items to show up.

Message 6 of 6 (304 Views)