new EA app uninstalled Origin

by indycutie

Original Post

Re: new EA app uninstalled Origin

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I just launched TS3 and been playing thru Origin. Now Origin is saying the EA app is my new home for PC gaming, and now's the time to upgrade. It's telling me to update the EA app. So has Origin shut down for good now??? It's also saying it will uninstall Origin from my device. I have the EA app installed already, but always played thru Origin.
Message 61 of 111 (456 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is what I get on Origin app

Message 62 of 111 (444 Views)

@indycutie  Origin isn't quite dead for everyone, but it's on its way out, and players are being force-migrated to the EA App all the time now.  So yes, you'll need to switch over.

Please let me know whether the App works now, and if not, what error message you see when you try to load Sims 3.  Please also keep in mind that your store content will need to be reinstalled:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-Sims-3-Saved-Games-Not-Loading-After-Store-Content...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 63 of 111 (429 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I did the update for the EA app, and of course it uninstalled Origin. The game launcher came up with this message that I need to install Origin as it is required to play this game. I'm confused 😕, as now Origin is taken off my computer again 

Message 64 of 111 (422 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Also the EA app on the desktop won't even open. I click on TS3 desktop app, and it says I need Origin to play the game
Message 65 of 111 (411 Views)

@indycutie  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

I realize you tried to do so a while back, but I don't think I ever saw the file, and I'd want a new one anyway.  Make sure you're clicking Reply and not Quick Reply and that the dxdiag is saved in .txt form.

Message 66 of 111 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I sent one of these over a month ago, and you did mention some issues. But everything was going very well with playing the Sims3 game. I truly think the problem is with the EA app. Don't know what version it is, It's been a while since I downloaded it. Maybe I need to uninstall it and reinstall a fresh download of the EA app. I believe even before it would tell me I needed to be LOGGED INTO Origin to play & now  it has taken Origin off .......AGAIN.

Message 67 of 111 (389 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I'm back where I started with this going several post back between us. I uninstalled and reinstalled EA app, still doesn't open...and Origin won't install. This is so frustrating😥, because I'm sure there's a reasonable fix, like before.
Message 68 of 111 (364 Views)

@indycutie  I'd like to see a new dxdiag though, one from today, so I can see if there are any new errors or other relevant details.

Message 69 of 111 (336 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This didn't attach yesterday. Hope it does today

Message 70 of 111 (323 Views)