new EA app uninstalled Origin

by indycutie

Original Post

Re: new EA app uninstalled Origin

Hero (Retired)

@indycutie If you have been using the EA app beta you need to unnistall - download the EA app again and install the EA app (yea - don't ask). If you were using Origin you were redirected to the EA app. The sims 3 EA app has been fixed (or so I thought) and now everything is working (well it was last night). Well it was working last night. My store items got nuked - AGAIN! At this point I really don't know what to tell you except I've uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired how many times I lost count. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now and I'm back were I started - wthl a game that doesn't work!

Message 41 of 111 (580 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I again uninstalled EA app and downloaded and installed a fresh Origin. This time it went through, and I was able to play last nite. I don't know what is going on with the EA app. It doesn't open at all. I click on the Sims3 desktop icon and it will go thru. I just did that 15 minutes ago, and game loaded. I guess if it ask me to change over to the EA app again, until I literally to.... I'll have to keep uninstalling/reinstalling these EA and Origin app. But for now it's working again.....day by day situation. I wish they would leave Origin as is, and leave it alone.😶😕
Message 42 of 111 (567 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I did also reinstall EA app before reinstalling Origin but I don't know what version of EA app ( beta) or whatever. I just know it won't open and doesn't work.
Message 43 of 111 (560 Views)

@indycutie  We can try to troubleshoot the EA App issues if you want, but as long as you can play through Origin, I'd stick with that instead.  Since the App is still getting updated, it's always possible that your particular issue will be resolved by the time you're forced to switch for good.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 44 of 111 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Ok, and thanks again for your knowledgeable support. I'll probably be back on here again to get my EA app operating once Or in stops. But until then, as long as Origin is recognizing & letting me play, its fine. I let my Sims couple have a "gift giving" Christmas party and it was great!!!. Like I mentioned.... day by day, and your help is tremendously appreciated😀💅
Message 45 of 111 (526 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict So I've been able to constantly play TS3, for about a month now. Everything is up & running well. For about the last few times it's been lagging and playing very slow. I've cleared the 5 cache's in the folder before playing, but it has not been running up to speed. This just started. Is there anything else I can or need to do to get this running normal again?. It's not a computer problem, it's a game problem. 🤔thanks
Message 46 of 111 (350 Views)

@indycutie  The first question is whether Sims 3 is running slowly in any save, or just this one.  Please start a new save for comparison and let me know how it runs.

Please also describe what you mean by lag and slow play in more detail.  Some symptoms may seem similar but can have different root causes.

Message 47 of 111 (343 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict The game has started running slow in any saved games, and when loading to play. It's really slow when I go to Edit Town, or Create a Sim. The time in the game stalls, say at 2:00PM, then when it catches up it is 2:35PM, on the game time. It wasn't doing this until 2-3 game plays ago....it will play, just has lapses. I don't have any MOD'S or nothing that would make it act like this. Just need to find out the cause, my computer and internet speed are good, and I don't log in to the Internet to play.🤔. I'm also still playing through Origin.
Message 48 of 111 (322 Views)

@indycutie  Please try playing while your computer is offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before pressing Play.

If that doesn't help, I'd like to see a new dxdiag.

Message 49 of 111 (306 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I have gathered the dxdiag info, but do not know how to attach it here
Message 50 of 111 (288 Views)