new EA app uninstalled Origin

by indycutie

Original Post

Re: new EA app uninstalled Origin

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Right now tonight I have been able to play TS3😄. The sound stopped playing, but it's okay. I will see about that later but I'm just so excited to play again & hopefully tomorrow.. You have stuck with me with ALL your knowledge thru all of this ordeal for me. I'll keep you posted and hopefully all goes well. So far so good for now. And you deserve accolades for the help you give.👏👍
Message 31 of 111 (624 Views)

★★ Guide
@indycutie If you get your sound working again, can you please, please post your solution, because I have had a problem with sound as well and have yet to resolve it. I would be forever in your debt! 👌
Message 32 of 111 (602 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@thesims1depot I surely will. Since I've been having tremendous problems with my Sims3, I'm taking it day by day. Will play it in the morning and see what it does then🤔
Message 33 of 111 (592 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@thesims1depot Hi, this is the 2nd day playing TS3, since getting game fix help. Still okay for now. As far as the sound, I restarted my computer and went thru Origin. Then did a repair to TS3 in Origin app. Sound is working well now. The EA app won't open....but Origin does.
Message 34 of 111 (563 Views)

★★ Novice

EA have told me three times in the past month that they're fixing this. Yet half my EPs are still missing or not showing in the launcher and I'm getting beyond frustrated now. At this point I don't think they are telling the truth. They clearly don't know what to do or how to fix it.

Message 35 of 111 (528 Views)

@ArronHawken  Which packs are missing, and do they show up as owned in your Origin/EA App game library?  There's a difference between the packs not showing as owned or not downloading and packs that install properly but don't show up in the launcher.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 36 of 111 (516 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I’ve tried everything. I’ve purchased all my expansions from origin. Some were showing in the launcher yesterday and working okay but some missing. Now today all of them are missing and it’s reset my game and corrupted my saves. I honestly am so shocked by how awful and ridiculous it is. No one is clearly sorting this issue they are just lying to their clients to shut them up. 

Message 37 of 111 (500 Views)

Origin asking me to update the EA app

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been happily playing TS3 for about a month now. I went to play this morning and got Origin saying I need to update the EA app. I've been playing thru the Sims3 desktop app and it bypassed EA  and Origin. Now it won't work at all

Message 38 of 111 (388 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@indycutie Well, here I go again. Been playing TS3 for about a month now, and today it says I needed to update EA app. I've been playing from TS3 desktop and it goes straight to the game launcher. The EA app won't even load and now tried uninstall/reinstall Origin and it won't run to install. Any suggestions🤔
Message 39 of 111 (365 Views)

@indycutie  As it turns out, some people can't go back to Origin anymore.  I don't know why, or who exactly is affected, only that it's the unfortunate reality.

For the EA App not loading, do you see an error message on-screen?  Do you see anything at all when you try to launch the App?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 40 of 111 (346 Views)