new EA app uninstalled Origin

by indycutie

Original Post

Re: new EA app uninstalled Origin

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I just found it, and yes I do have Microsoft One Drive on computer
Message 21 of 111 (486 Views)

@indycutie  Just to clarify, do you see Origin in Downloads or Documents, or both?  OneDrive doesn't affect the Downloads folder, but it can sync (and therefore interfere with) the contents of Documents, which is why I asked.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 111 (473 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I only see it in the Origin Downloads folder..that's it... I just reinstalled the EA app. Those Origin download apps are not responding, saying I need Origin to play, should I reinstall Origin app again.?
Message 23 of 111 (465 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@indycutie No matter what, I can't begin to thank you for all your help with these issues. From the bottom of my heart!!!
Message 24 of 111 (463 Views)

@indycutie  Please delete everything in Downloads with Origin in its name.  Then use this guide to uninstalling "the hard way" to remove any leftover Origin-related files:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Restart your computer, and don't open the EA App.  (Make sure it's not running in the Task Manager as well.)  Download a fresh copy of Origin and run the installer as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart again when it's installed, and again make sure the EA App isn't running.  Then try to launch Sims 3 from your Origin game library.

If Origin doesn't think Sims 3 is installed, right-click on the game icon in your library and select Locate Game, then choose the location where the game is installed.  It might help to run a repair afterwards (in the same right-click menu).  Then launch the game from your Origin library and let me know what happens.

Message 25 of 111 (441 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict This morning I did everything you said & it went well. I then re downloaded Origin. It went into downloads, but won't install or run...so right now, no Origin shows up on my computer.
Message 26 of 111 (425 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I also remembered I have a Windows10(32bit) laptop I played TS3 on in April. I stopped using it because it ran out of memory and storage. I pulled it out, clicked on Origin and got to sign in. Then game loaded and played. Anyway, I copied the Origin files to a UBS flash drive. Wonder if I could copy & paste it to my desktop computer? And if so where and what location would I put it, if that might work🤔🤔
Message 27 of 111 (414 Views)

@indycutie  You can't just copy an installed program from one computer to another.  So either we get Origin installed on this computer, or we figure out how to make the EA App work.

For Origin, what happens when you try to install it?  Do you get an error, and if so, what does it say?  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 28 of 111 (403 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict When I download Origin and select run, it won't go any further with the installation. I also was able to get the dxdiag info, read the link, but it won't attach it here.
Message 29 of 111 (383 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@indycutie hi, I finally got the Origin to install. Even got to my Origin games. Then it booted me off, saying It encountered an error. Said to quit and restart installation. Also gave an Error code -1:0... But fror now now Origin is showing up on my computer
Message 30 of 111 (373 Views)