new EA app uninstalled Origin

by indycutie

Original Post

Re: new EA app uninstalled Origin

@indycutie  Well, if that works, then it's an easy fix.  Enjoy your game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 111 (1,170 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Well here I go again....this time none of the desktop apps are loading today. This seems to want to do what it wants to do. When I played last nite it was fine. Now today nothing is working. What else is there to do. Just wait until these apps decide to load and let me play... Lol. I'm used to playing for a while everyday. This is frustrating. Not the EA app, Origin, or the Sims3 apps on my desktop are opening😥
Message 12 of 111 (1,131 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@indycutie That's a typo....no apps to play the Sims 3 are opening on my desktop
Message 13 of 111 (1,117 Views)

@indycutie  Is your computer's internet connection working and stable?  If not, that might explain the problem.

If your internet is working, you can try doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin.  Clear its cache first, then uninstall "the hard way" before reinstalling.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

You can try clearing the EA App's cache too, but uninstalling it is a bit of a pain, and I haven't seen good instructions.  (The usual recommendation is to use a tool like Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces of the App.)  So you're probably better off trying to make Origin work first.

Please keep in mind that if your internet is NOT working, clearing the cache for each app will erase your login data.  So even if you fix the underlying issue with the apps, you won't be able to sign in again until your computer has internet.

Message 14 of 111 (1,096 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Yes I'm definitely online. I just also u installed and reinstalled the EA app using the original Sims3 disk. It went well until the app loaded the game and said I needed Origin to play this game. I went into downloads folder and have 4 Origin downloads in it. Could that be a problem. I even went to online Origin site and stayed logged in so Origin would recognize my info. Any suggestions...
Message 15 of 111 (1,067 Views)

@indycutie  The original Sims 3 discs carry a copy of Origin that's so old, it certainly won't work, and it may not even be able to update itself properly.  It's always best to download a fresh copy of Origin no matter what game you're installing.  You'll be able to find a download link in this thread for at least a couple more months, as far as we know.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

Message 16 of 111 (1,038 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict After waiting a couple of days, I tried again to play the Sims3 and having the same issues with the EA app saying I need to be logged into Origin to play. In an earlier post you mentioned something called Steam. How do I get that and will it let me play the Sims3?. I'm really getting burned out on trying to get this going. As stated earlier, I was able to play fine(no problems) on 11/07/22. There has got to be a way to get this going. And again, should I have 4 different folders for Origin in my documents folders? with different install dates on them.
Message 17 of 111 (968 Views)

@indycutie  In order to play through Steam, you'd need to buy the game from Steam.  (There's no way to transfer your Origin/EA App content to Steam.)  I just mentioned it to say I haven't tested a setup like yours.

Did you install Origin into Documents?  If not, what is inside the Origin folder?  Please also let me know whether OneDrive is running on your computer, even if you never use it yourself.

Message 18 of 111 (965 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Yes when I download Origin it goes to download folder. In downloads, I have these...Origin Setup dated 4/14/2022 & Origin Setup dated 2/8/2017. I delete other 2 and just cleared Origin cache. I also uninstalled the EA app again. I am on Windows 7(64bit). I'm sorry I don't know what or where One Drive info is located. I'm going to reinstall the EA app again soon. But it will always asks me to sign in to Origin but Origin won't recognize my account, which may be the problem.
Message 19 of 111 (955 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@indycutie Also when I go to programs and features, the Origin in there is dated 8/13/2022....
Message 20 of 111 (953 Views)