new EA app uninstalled Origin

by indycutie

Original Post

EA app not loading TS3 game launcher

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is a new problem. I was playing fine until a few days ago, when I started getting this on the game launcher, I have cleared cache on everything, cleared browsing history, and even tried to run without custom content. Not only am I getting these messages on the launcher, but none of my saved games (5 of them) will fully load. It keeps bouncing me back to the EA app. I have a new Windows 11 computer and haven't had any problems playing until now. Is the EA app working anymore or is it down. I even have to go to "Installed Content" just to log in, and still getting nowhere... Help!!! please.!!! what is wrong NOW????

Message 91 of 111 (365 Views)

Re: new EA app uninstalled Origin

★★★★★ Apprentice

So here I am again with the game launcher problems. I have cleared caches, cleared browsing history and everything. Was playing fine until a few days ago and kept getting these on the launcher. Is the EA app not working , or down? or what is the problem. I have this new Windows 11 computer and everything is up to date. My saved games (5-6) won't completey load when I try and it bouces me back to the EA app screen . I NEED HELP AGAIN!!!!..... This is what shows up on the Game Launcher Screen

Message 92 of 111 (363 Views)

Re: new EA app uninstalled Origin

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I just posted a new problem with the EA app and game launcher, with picture files. hoe you can see it and help me again..
Message 93 of 111 (362 Views)

Re: EA app not loading TS3 game launcher

@indycutie  This problem has the same fix as before: clear Edge's IE mode data and restart your computer.  (This can also happen when an EA server goes offline temporarily.)  What happens when you try to load a save?  How far into the loading process do you get, do you see an error message, etc.?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 94 of 111 (349 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Hi, thanks for the quick reply. 1st...how do I clear Edges IE mode data?. I'll need step by step directions to do that. 2nd...I have to log into the launcher thru the " installed content" screen, because the launcher screen is blue. After that the saved game gets to load and goes 1/4th -1/3rd and either stops or jumps back to the EA app page. All my saved progresive games that were loading before are not loading at all now.I also tried and cleared the EA app cache. Along with other caches. Please help me with this again. And I know you'll do your best 😪
Message 95 of 111 (339 Views)

@indycutie  Instructions for clearing IE mode data  are at the end of this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/view-and-delete-browser-history-in-microsoft-edge...

You also don't need to login to the launcher at all.  It should never be necessary while playing and for most people isn't necessary when downloading Store content either.

If you try to start a new save, does it fully load?  What worlds are your existing saves in?

Message 96 of 111 (332 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for the instructions. As for the Worlds, they are empty ones I downloaded and installed from the exchange. Then I put all the community lots and etc., on them myself. I'm very conscious of custom content, and I don't use any mods. One thing I noticed... I used a cheat called " testingCheatsEnabled". Seems game started acting weird afterwards. Could that also be a mistake on my part?
Message 97 of 111 (328 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Also,no the saves do not fully load
Message 98 of 111 (327 Views)

@indycutie  Activating the testingcheatsenabled cheat by itself won't have any effect on your saves.  It does what its name suggests—allows you to enable and use more cheats if you want—but nothing else.  Some of the options that come with TCE enabled can be harmful in the right context, as can some of the other cheats that require TCE to be enabled first, but that's a separate matter.

Is OneDrive currently backing up the contents of your Documents folder?  I think it might have been when you were here last, but the question is whether it is now.  The fastest way to tell is to open a File Explorer window, right-click Documents in the left panel, select Properties > General, and look at the Location.  Let me know whether OneDrive is in that file path or not.

If OneDrive is in fact running, please let me know how full it is.  There should be a little cloud icon in the lower-right corner of your screen.  Right-click that and select Settings, then Acccount, and you'll see the used and total OneDrive storage just under the email address.

I'm not suggesting you buy more storage if you're getting low.  (And in fact I'm philosophically opposed to the idea, although other people can of course do what they want with their own computers.)  This is just about determining whether OneDrive is contributing to the problem.

Message 99 of 111 (315 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did what you suggested, and it may be a One Drive...Cloud storage issue. When I created the 2nd account that I play The Sims on, One Drive is not set up on that account. Is there a way to clear storage from One Drive, or uninstall it , disable it or anything ?. Here are some pics of the 2 accounts. The 1 with the lower number is the one I don't use to play The Sims. I also included overall storage for the computer. I haven't tried to play the game yet , I need to know how I can clean out OneDrive storage without purchasing more, unless I have to. It seems this OneDrive is not synced to the other User account. But I don;t know what to do. Much needed  detailed  help !!!

Message 100 of 111 (302 Views)