Re: my toddler won't stay in bed for sleep

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

my toddler won't stay in bed for sleep

★★ Novice

Hi!!!

I have a problem with my toddler. I have a vampire toddler and everything was fine until I moved the household to the city. Since then, every time I put my toddler to sleep she won't stay in bed and her sleep needs won't increase. I tried to change the bed ans it's location in the bedroom, restart the game, lock the door of the room so no one can enter and disturb the sleep of my baby but nothing works. At this rate, social services will come to take her away because her needs are not fulfilled. 

HELP please

Message 1 of 18 (36,115 Views)

Hero

Is there any reason why the toddler gets up (moodlets ? gestures ?) 

Do you have the parents read the toddler to sleep ?

Also any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (36,082 Views)

★★ Novice

no reason at all! She goes to bed, sleep maybe 5 mins, wakes up and then leave the bed!!! all her other need are full (or almost full) but she is exhausted. 

As for the reading, I tried both. With the parents reading and without!! same thing

Yes I have mods, but that never been an issue until now!

Message 3 of 18 (36,074 Views)

Hero

Mods get outdated with patches. Please remove them and try without

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (36,068 Views)

★ Guide

if the problem persists without mods/cc try resetting the sim, sometimes it's all they need.

Message 5 of 18 (36,058 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've read to them played with them make sure all there needs are up to date even restored saved game to when they where infants and still having that problem they just won't go to sleep I've gotten to the point I been making them take naps on the sofa on benches around the home just so they don't get taken away please how do you get them to sleep for they just won't stay in bed and sleep

Message 6 of 18 (35,458 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Please remove all Mods & CC and try the game without.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 18 (35,453 Views)

★ Guide
Did that, problem continues. Toddler will sleep on sofa, chair, floor, but not in toddler bed.
Message 8 of 18 (35,047 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please try to repair the game. Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair. If that does not work try selling the Toddler bed and buy a new one. 

How long after the Toddler is read to sleep does it wake up and is it sad?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 18 (35,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What fixed it for me was

Ctrl+C testingcheats on

Hold shift and click your toddler then select Modify in CAS

Change them to a child (I then got them to sleep and bring up all their Needs)

Then do the same and change them back to a toddler. You’ll have to re-edit them but it fixed the issue. 

Message 10 of 18 (31,909 Views)