Re: my sims needs bar and options menu is too small to read

by cooperinmarin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sims needs bar and options menu is too small to read

★★★★★ Newbie

I opened my sims 4 only to find that the options menu and my sims needs bar and the like are too small to read. It looks as if they have been zoomed out but there is no way (that I can find) to zoom it back in. The loading screen is also the same and It is near impossible (with my eyesight) to read the tips etc under the diamond. 

Message 1 of 28 (54,028 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@emayg373 This fix isn't needed anymore. You should now find UI Scale in your game options inside the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 28 (24,360 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try this

1. Open the following file in a text editor: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\options(.ini)
  2. Find the link uiscale = 
  3. If the value is not 100, change it to 100
  4. If it is 100, change it to something smaller (or bigger, unsure what)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (59,856 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you! It worked and was easy to do, thank goodness. Very much appreciated! (It's down. I changed it from 100 to 50.) Thanks again!

Jess

Message 3 of 28 (53,833 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks Large smile

Message 4 of 28 (52,156 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!!! Just got a new computer and the game proportions were all out of whack. 70 did it for me!

Message 5 of 28 (50,493 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Need help, have the same problem and i followed the same steps but I could not find the folder 'options' after I went in to sims 4. ( i have a mac )....
HELP
Message 6 of 28 (48,337 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Tagging @Bluebellflora Since this is a Mac question.

@TashaTophat  Your posting will be moved to the Sims Mac board.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 28 (48,321 Views)

Hero
Hi @TashaTophat

it's a file, not a folder. You should have it on your mac as well, same place. Should be called options.ini

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 28 (48,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem and I have taken the steps to solve it but as soon as I found the document labeled options.ini, it says I have no application to open it.  what do I do?

Message 9 of 28 (45,495 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Rightclick | Open with select notepad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 28 (45,467 Views)