my sims can't get married ! (sims 3)

by SallyTheGoose

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sims can't get married ! (sims 3)

★★★ Novice

hello there!

Soooo there's this problem in my sims 3 game.

When my sims go to the toilet they still have their clothes on (not that bad, but it's just weird)

My game doesn't show me fires when they're happening; I can;t put them out until the firemen tame the invisible flames.

And the worst problem; My sims can't get married. I've got them to the stage where they're engaged, and I can select the option 'get married', and they perform the ceremony, but when it's done, nothing happened. It still says 'fiancé' and I resetted all objects in my city, resetted both sims, nothing works. Please help!!

Message 1 of 9 (7,305 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my sims can't get married ! (sims 3)

★★★ Novice

I just reinstalled it, worked for me. so for anyone else who has this problem; you might just want to reinstall it.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (7,914 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I havn't had this problem nor heard about it before, but I think I have a solution.

Try reinstalling the game and delete ALL game files (this makes a clean reset for The Sims 3).

If that didn't work, try chatting with EA about it.

Message 2 of 9 (7,290 Views)

Hero (Retired)

do you have any mods/cc ?

Message 3 of 9 (7,283 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes, loads... But I'm pretty sure that the cc is not what's affecting, my game, because I didn't install new cc for ages. I did get some new mods from modthesims though.

Message 4 of 9 (7,277 Views)

Hero (Retired)

ok sometimes what happens is if you updated your game recently but not the mods then the mods can be out of date as in not the same patch level as your game and on occasion mods can get broken by updates/patches and some mod/CC may just be incompatible with another

easiest thing to do is just move your mods folder to the desktop will do and clear the cache files

to delete the cache files go to electronic arts/the sims 3/

•CasPartCache.package
•compositorCache.package
•scriptCache.package
•simCompositorCache.package
•socialCache.package.package

it's safe to delete these files as a new ones will regenerate

then launch your game and see if your sims function as they should if they do then use the save as new save name

DO NOT put your mods back yet,make your mods folder  replace your mod resource.cfg  file  (and no sparkles no intro if you have those ) <----if you have those just launch and play see if all is well then good save and quit

then search wherever you got your mods from and see if you need to get any that are the same patch level as your game  and the painstaking part place one mod launch play if all is well save and quit rinse repeat until you run into one that cause an issue  remove from your mods folder rinse repeat

tip:  anytime you delete a mod OR add a mod clear the cache files as above 

Message 5 of 9 (7,272 Views)

★★★ Novice

okay, thanks, I will do that in the future!
Tbh I just deleted and reinstalled the game. It's still downloading right now, so I don't know if it worked. If it didn't, I will try this method though. Thanks again!

Message 6 of 9 (7,266 Views)

Hero (Retired)

good luck Standard smile

Message 7 of 9 (7,262 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just reinstalled it, worked for me. so for anyone else who has this problem; you might just want to reinstall it.

Message 8 of 9 (7,915 Views)

★ Novice
@SallyTheGoose All I did was move to a new town, problem getting engaged and married was fixed for me
Message 9 of 9 (4,775 Views)