my sims 4

by akarilovesdrue

Original Post

my sims 4

★ Novice

so ive looked it up and tried many solutions but my sims 4 wont start up can someone help?

Message 1 of 6 (281 Views)

Re: my sims 4

@akarilovesdrue  If you open your Origin game library, click the Sims 4 icon, and press Play, what happens?  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

And let me know what antivirus you use as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (262 Views)

★ Novice

what happens is that sims 4 doesnt launch itll act like it launched but nothing shows up. as for antivirus I use Malwarebytes premium .

Message 3 of 6 (256 Views)

@akarilovesdrue  Please try disabling Malwarbytes's realtime scanning features, at least long enough to test.  While it's not one of the programs that typically interferes with Sims 4, it's still worth checking.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 user folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just let me know whether you can get far enough to load a new save.

If that doesn't help either, try playing while your computer is offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before pressing Play.  You may get an error here, and that's fine; just let me know.

Message 4 of 6 (245 Views)

★ Novice

tried all of that still no launching

Message 5 of 6 (236 Views)

@akarilovesdrue  Try playing in a new Windows admin user account on your computer.  Don't sign into OneDrive or any other accounts, aside from Origin.  You'll be able to login to your existing Origin account, and you shouldn't need to reinstall anything.  You won't have access to your saves though; if this works, we can address that later.

If you still can't open the game, please look for any crash dumps that mention Origin or Sims 4.  Click Windows key-R and copy and paste this:

%LocalAppData%\CrashDumps

When you enter, you'll see a list of .dmp files.  If one of them is from Sims 4, please upload it to a third-party filehosting site (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and link it here.  If you don't find any dumps, that's fine; just let me know.

Message 6 of 6 (216 Views)