my sims 4 won't start: white screen

by daisyx18

Original Post

Re: my sims 4 won't start: white screen

Hero (Retired)
@SimlySarah26

Here at AHQ > click on "Reply" > click on "choose file" > navigate to the "DxDiag.txt" on your desktop. > select the "DxDiag.txt" > click on "Open" type a few words in the text box > click on "Submit"

But first, before you do that, go to Documents> Electronic Arts> The sims4 folder
Move whole The sims4 folder to the desktop, fix the game in Origin and try to start the game. If the game starts, it will create a new clean TS4 folder
There however is an option there is some error in the old game folder that is causing this problem
Message 11 of 42 (7,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok, I attached the DXDiag, after I initially followed your instructions the game was working for a few weeks, but now the same issue is happening again and it is getting frustrating since I just bought a new pack. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Message 12 of 42 (7,666 Views)

★★★★ Novice

-f works like a charm, thanks!!!

Message 13 of 42 (7,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me. I tried removing my mods, that didn't work. Updated my graphics card driver, didn't work. Tried a bunch of other things. Eventually I just started messing around with random settings/files/anything lol until I found something that worked. 

I right clicked on the Sims 4 icon on my desktop > properties > compatibility > run compatibility troubleshooter. After I ran that my game worked. Hope this helps someone else!

Message 14 of 42 (6,853 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@tayteebug  I just tried this with a clean base game install. My game has been working for an hour.

I will be trying this again with all of my DLC being installed. Hopefully, it fixes the crash issues.

Message 15 of 42 (6,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay

Message 16 of 42 (6,335 Views)

★★ Novice

BLESS YOU, YOU MAGNIFICENT BEING!!! I’ve been driven nuts for MONTHS!! I tried all the things, this finally fixed it. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!

Message 17 of 42 (6,306 Views)

★ Novice

This was the only thing that worked for me thank you!

Message 18 of 42 (5,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm following the steps you suggested but when you want me to change it from 1 to 0 it wont let me edit it and put that 0. Any idea how to fix that?

Message 19 of 42 (5,727 Views)

★ Novice

I tried everything that was suggested here and nothing worked. What is meant by -f? I'm getting mad with the game ...Disappointed

Message 20 of 42 (5,592 Views)