my sims 4 won't install on origin

by Canadianfire2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sims 4 won't install on origin

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My sims 4 isnt letting me install and i don't know why?I got it on feb 18 for mac and the download worked but 

when i tried to install it the button was just showing that it was pressed. Im getting really

frustraed and this was my early birthday present.

i installed it from origin

i tried to restart my computer but that didn't work

can you please help me?I really need help.

Message 1 of 5 (2,569 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my sims 4 won't install on origin

Community Manager

Hey, can you double check that your OS is fully up to date. This is a fairly common factor when there are install issues. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,740 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, can you double check that your OS is fully up to date. This is a fairly common factor when there are install issues. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue on my pc in a way, I inserted the DVD ROM and nothing ever came up, I could hear the disk running but it would stop so I downloaded origin myself and entered my game code, it then begin to work and started downloading but now it wont go past 1.97MB on the installation screen and it says resuming installation its been hours now.... What do I do?

Message 3 of 5 (2,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what is the os because I seem to have th same issue but it says to click yes when windows asks me for permission but it doesn't

Message 4 of 5 (1,817 Views)

Community Manager

@padfoot053145 Hey, we're going to close this out as the original thread is nearly 6 years old. 

Please check for other threads- or create a fresh one- on this board and Origin if you're having install issues. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (379 Views)