my sims 4 saves are gone

by Katydid97

Original Post

Re: my sims 4 saves are gone

★★★ Novice

I tried renaming but then i got this warning pop up saying "if you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable". Is it still safe to do it?

Message 11 of 35 (5,722 Views)

★★ Pro

@a56cbd580cef3270

Yes, I get that warning message every time I need to rename my saves.

Message 12 of 35 (5,716 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help! I can finally continue playing with where I left off!

Message 13 of 35 (5,686 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, but when I open my saves folder nothing is there. There is only another folder that says scratch, does this mean that all my saves are lost?

Message 14 of 35 (5,651 Views)

★★ Pro

@Bubblecake1000

The saves may have been moved to OneDrive or another folder on your computer. To see if this is the case, search for Sims 4 on your computer.

Click Start, in the search box type in Sims 4. Go to where the path takes you.

By default it should go to: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

- This is where user files get installed and saved.

If it takes you to OneDrive, move the Sims 4 folder to your desktop and turn off or disable OneDrive.

Moving the Sims 4 folder to the desktop or back to the Electronic Arts folder and turning off OneDrive is safe to do and helps the user folder not be saved to OneDrive anymore.

Sims 4 and Onedrive don't work well together. If the user files aren't in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder, the game can't see or use them.

How To: Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9...

Message 15 of 35 (5,639 Views)

★ Novice

My save has gone too... followed all steps from this post and still no look. When I find the sims folder on my computer the saves folder is empty. And when I find it elsewhere I still can’t find the saves. Please help my daughter is devastated 

Message 16 of 35 (5,609 Views)

★★ Pro

@Mollyjai88

If you've already tried searching your computer [Click the Start button and in the search box, type Sims 4 and follow the path it gives you] and checking that the game files weren't saved to some where else on your hard drive, external drive or OneDrive, you might try contacting a local computer repair shop to see how much they'd charge to possibly recover the Sims 4 files.

Something that maybe worth trying is to launch the game, create a new Sim and save the game. Go back to the Main Menu and press the Load Game button. Select a saved game. Mouse over or hover over the tiny folder under the game saves information. Like shown in the photo in the post linked below:

Sims 4 - Lost all Saved Game Data - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Moved-Sims-4-folder-to-desktop-and-have-now-lost-all-g...

This will hopefully give you an idea of where the game is saving your saved games.

Message 17 of 35 (5,585 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, 

I’ve tried everything on this topic and my saved games still aren’t loading. I do still have all the saved files in my library but i can’t get them to work. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 18 of 35 (5,436 Views)

Hero

HI @kim5503 

Here's some tips on how to find out which user folder the game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

If you create a new save game, does that appear when you reload the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 35 (5,395 Views)

★ Novice

The new saved games that I create still stay there when i reload the game, I just can’t get my old game files to work. 

Message 20 of 35 (5,340 Views)