Re: my sims 4 saves are gone

by Katydid97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sims 4 saves are gone

★★★ Novice

So I have been playing sims 4 since it came out and I have lost all of my households and lots three times now -_-
The latest was a few days ago after an update. I clicked play and it acted like I had never played before. Is there any way to fix this and get my sims back? I put several hours into creating things (my proudest accomplishment was the gallery from the horror game Ib, which I was going to upload after finishing) and this really upset me. Please help, and if this belongs in another forum feel free to move it.

Thanks,

Katydid97

Message 1 of 35 (81,603 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Pro

@Katydid97

You mention still having the saved games in your Saves folder. If you still have your saved games in your Sims 4\saves folder -
[C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves]

It may be the game isn't reading the save files correctly.

Have you tried renaming your saved game file?

To rename your save, remove the version number. - .ver0 or .ver1 by deleting the .ver1 on the end.

For example:
Slot_00000002.save.ver1

Rename it to:
Slot_00000002.save

You may want to give it a different number if you already have a save 2 in your folder. The game should then recognize the save file again.

-- If you have an old auto save file (Slot_00000001.save) it's safe to delete as the game doesn't use it anymore.

If the above doesn't help, Crinrict has some very useful tips on saved games disappearing:

Save Games disappearing
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/

View in thread

Message 7 of 35 (81,574 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

If you select Load game on the main screen is your old game there?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 35 (81,503 Views)

Hero

HI @Katydid97

just moved your post over to the tech forum

Carry on

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 35 (81,500 Views)

★★★ Novice

No just the new one it forced me to create. I can see saves in my files but the game won't recognize their existence. Would it help to include a list of saves? 

Message 4 of 35 (81,490 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In that case it uses another location for the files. Most likely Onedrive. See if you have a The sims 4 folder there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 35 (81,476 Views)

★★★ Novice

It didn't so I copied my files to the OneDrive and tried that. Still no luck

Message 6 of 35 (81,465 Views)

★★ Pro

@Katydid97

You mention still having the saved games in your Saves folder. If you still have your saved games in your Sims 4\saves folder -
[C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves]

It may be the game isn't reading the save files correctly.

Have you tried renaming your saved game file?

To rename your save, remove the version number. - .ver0 or .ver1 by deleting the .ver1 on the end.

For example:
Slot_00000002.save.ver1

Rename it to:
Slot_00000002.save

You may want to give it a different number if you already have a save 2 in your folder. The game should then recognize the save file again.

-- If you have an old auto save file (Slot_00000001.save) it's safe to delete as the game doesn't use it anymore.

If the above doesn't help, Crinrict has some very useful tips on saved games disappearing:

Save Games disappearing
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/

Message 7 of 35 (81,575 Views)

★★★ Novice

That worked, thank you so much! Thank you everyone for helping me get my saves back, I really appreciate it Standard smile

Message 8 of 35 (81,430 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I tried fixing my game with https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/  but it didn`t work.

I would try renaming my saved game file, but I have atleast 30 different saves and the newest one is named Slot_00000007.save so there is nothing to rename, right?

Is there anything else I can do?

Message 9 of 35 (81,384 Views)

★★ Pro

@a56cbd580cef3270

When I've come across this problem of having a lot of saves in my game and need to rename them is to move the saves folder to the desktop, and take only a few or so, maybe 10 at most at a time, and rename them in a 02.save, 03.save, 04.save, etc. up to 10.save

For example:

Slot_00000002.save
Slot_00000003.save
Slot_00000004.save

Load the game, select a save from the Load Game Menu and take notes of what save is what. To help keep track of the saves better.

Message 10 of 35 (81,376 Views)