my sims 4 lag , help please

by lwfgljvyoznp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sims 4 lag , help please

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

my game is lagged when zoom in/Zoom out , switch Character , switch floors , change view , panning around , speed up/speed down for no reason because last time i played in feb it was normal and smooth 

my laptop is MSI pulse GL66

spec.

CPU : Intel Core i7 11800H 2.3 GHZ

GPU : NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3050Ti laptop GPU 4 GBytes GDDR6

Ram : 16 G.

SSD 1 T.

- i already tried to change grapic to medium , disable mods (I have only wickwhimmods and furnituremods around 7 g.) << still lag

- i already tried to play in small house with 1 sims << still lag

- i already delete cache file

- my driver is already last version

- i tried uninstall and re-install << It was smooth at first(yesterday) but it was lag when i played again today

- i already installed simulation lag fix

i dont know how to solve it anymore

help me please 

thanks

Message 1 of 5 (1,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my sims 4 lag , help please

@lwfgljvyoznp  You can certainly play with mods, and you can hopefully play your old save.  However, you may need to update your mods, or even stop using some if they've become outdated.

What I would suggest is first, make a copy of your old save and test it without any mods or custom content.  If it runs fine, that's great; if not, we'll need to troubleshoot that further.

Next, look for updates for your mods, and test with only those mods that are confirmed to be compatible with the current patch (1.87).  Some older mods may still be compatible, but for now, leave them out and see how the game runs with only the updated mods.  Please test both your old save and the new one with these mods in place.

Your dxdiag looks fine.  The only potential issue it lists is a couple of failed Windows updates, so it's a good idea to try running them manually (Windows Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates).  That doesn't mean there are no other issues, just that there's nothing obvious.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (918 Views)

All Replies

@lwfgljvyoznp  As a test, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see how the game runs in a new save.  Please play in one of the base game worlds, and if you send your sim traveling, avoid San Myshuno and Henford on Bagley.

IF the game still lags, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 5 (974 Views)

★ Novice

hi, thank you for your attendtion 

i tried it already ... it works! but.. i have question

1. what is the reason of the problem?  because i always play with mods but it dont has any problem for long time

2. is it possible if i wanna play my old saved game

3. is it possible if i wanna have some mods 

4. how to fix it all

i attach my dxdiag too 

Regards

thank you

Message 3 of 5 (929 Views)

@lwfgljvyoznp  You can certainly play with mods, and you can hopefully play your old save.  However, you may need to update your mods, or even stop using some if they've become outdated.

What I would suggest is first, make a copy of your old save and test it without any mods or custom content.  If it runs fine, that's great; if not, we'll need to troubleshoot that further.

Next, look for updates for your mods, and test with only those mods that are confirmed to be compatible with the current patch (1.87).  Some older mods may still be compatible, but for now, leave them out and see how the game runs with only the updated mods.  Please test both your old save and the new one with these mods in place.

Your dxdiag looks fine.  The only potential issue it lists is a couple of failed Windows updates, so it's a good idea to try running them manually (Windows Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates).  That doesn't mean there are no other issues, just that there's nothing obvious.

Message 4 of 5 (919 Views)

★ Novice

hi... hero 

badnews.. my old saved game got lag 

i attach drive link of my trouble file for you if you dont mind to check it 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GmMp3z-lq31vk6QT7JmGYE9pgQc8UNcj/view?usp=sharing

Message 5 of 5 (882 Views)