my sims 4 and origin won't open

by 93charlotte

Original Post

Re: my sims 4 and origin won't open

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
What I did was, I went onto my desktop and right clicked on the app. I then clicked troubleshoot and clicked on the button that says test options. Then pressed on the button that says start the program. It opened and then it worked fine.
Message 11 of 24 (3,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm actually aving this problem now

Message 12 of 24 (3,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't get it to reinstall. Any suggestions? My sims 4 and origin still won't open. 

Message 13 of 24 (3,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@AllieAllia

Have you tried this? > Link Removed by CM - thread linked has since been archived

Message 14 of 24 (3,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My origin is not opening
Message 15 of 24 (2,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sometimes whenI try and open The Sims 4/ Origin, it works, but sometimes it won’t open, for hours I try to get it to work, and sometimes I have to wait a couple of days until it will finally open, i’ve tryed clearing my Origin kehane and deleteing origin, but it won’t work. Although sometimes it opens wothout any problems. I’ve tried removing all my CC (Custom Content) but it doesn’t help. This problem has been going on for years now as I got The Sims 4 for my 7th Birthday. I’ve contacted EA and Origin staff but have not yet received a reply. Sometimes if I restart my computer it will work but a lot of the time it just won’t open. I have a Windows 10 PC. Does anyone know a way to fix this problem, I have no idea why this is happening.

Message 16 of 24 (2,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie
yes..
Message 17 of 24 (2,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you play on Mac or windows? I play on windows and that doesn't show for me.

Message 18 of 24 (2,049 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there. I play on Windows10 and am having this problem as well... My origin seems to stop opening as soon as I install The Sims 4. 

Message 19 of 24 (1,957 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TamzLeigh 

Please read already posted replies in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 20 of 24 (1,951 Views)