Re: my sim won't go to work or attend classes after fulfilling her lifetime wish

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

my sim won't go to work or attend classes after fulfilling her lifetime wish

★ Novice

I have Sims 3 and University Life.  After fulfilling her lifetime wish my sim will no longer go to work or attend classes at university.  I've tried it with different packs multiple times but no avail.  I asked online support but they told me to post this.  Help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (556 Views)

Re: my sim won't go to work or attend classes after fulfilling her lifetime wish

[ Edited ]

@SLMCKINLEY  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Is your sim currently at home or in the University world?  Do you have any mods installed?  (Usually you can't attend University at home or hold down a job while at school.)  What error messages, if any, are you seeing when it's time for the sim to go to work or class, and what happens if you try to send her manually by clicking on the building?

The easiest first step is to delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, and while troubleshooting, delete them every time you quit the game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't work, try evicting your sim and moving her back into her house, although I don't know whether that would work properly in the University world.   She'll keep her job and relationships but lose her promised wishes and opportunities.  She may also lose her school grade and revert back to the initial C.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (542 Views)

★ Novice

I appreciate the advice but nothing helped.  Thank you anyways

Message 3 of 5 (460 Views)

@SLMCKINLEY  Do you use mods?  Would you be willing to try?  They can make available deeper resets than the unmodded game can offer.  Let me know if you'd like to go this route.

Otherwise, as an experiment, try placing the sim in a new save.  Evict her, save her to the bin, quit to desktop without saving, delete your cache files, load the game, start a new save in Sunset Valley, and place her in a random house.  Then see if she'll go to work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (452 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@SLMCKINLEY  It could also be a problem with your sim's work outfit or work building. Make a new work outfit, without deleting the first one, and exchange to that. You can toggle between them to see if that help. You can also try the bulldozing method with the work place building.

If it's a problem with the specific university world in your specific save file: Make a Save As of your save file, and name it Test (for instance). Make sure your sim is not in university world, but has travelled back to their home world. Exit the game. Cut the University.nhd file out, from the Save folder within the Sims 3 folder. That will remove and reset the specific instance of the university world, which means that all the sims in it that your sims have relations with will be reset. If your sim decides to go to university again, a brand new world of that kind will be made.

I don't really understand how they can have a job and go to classes at the same time, I don't remember my sim ever being able to do that?

Message 5 of 5 (430 Views)