my saves are gone

by nadiakrzy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my saves are gone

★★★ Newbie

so basically i had to uninstall the sims 4 and install it again because there as some error (i believe it had something to do with gshade) so i did it and then all my files were "restarted", my mods and saves were gone (i did reinstall the sims before and it didnt happen, i had all my saves) can somebody help?

Message 1 of 2 (261 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my saves are gone

@nadiakrzy  Please check OneDrive's version of Documents for any stray Sims 4 saves.  If you find them, you can move them back to the local version of Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4, and the game should read them again.

If OneDrive doesn't contain any saves, try searching your computer as well.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter Slot_ in the search field in the upper-right corner.  If any saves turn up, you can click on one and click the "Open file location" menu button, and you'll jump to wherever this save is located, which is hopefully also where your other saves are.  Here again, move the saves to the proper location, and the game should read them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (239 Views)

All Replies

Re: my saves are gone

@nadiakrzy  Please check OneDrive's version of Documents for any stray Sims 4 saves.  If you find them, you can move them back to the local version of Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4, and the game should read them again.

If OneDrive doesn't contain any saves, try searching your computer as well.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter Slot_ in the search field in the upper-right corner.  If any saves turn up, you can click on one and click the "Open file location" menu button, and you'll jump to wherever this save is located, which is hopefully also where your other saves are.  Here again, move the saves to the proper location, and the game should read them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (240 Views)