Re: my saved games are gone when I enter sims

by curlykeetz

Original Post

@curlykeetz  Open a File Explorer window, click OneDrive in the left panel, then Documents, and look for an Electronic Arts folder with a Sims 4 folder inside.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 23 (772 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict There is nothing in the documents folder
Message 12 of 23 (745 Views)

@curlykeetz  Okay, is your old Sims 4 folder still on your desktop?  If you launch the game now, with that folder on the desktop, a new folder will be created... somewhere.  It has to be.  The question is how to find it.

Please open Origin and put it in offline mode, then take your computer completely offline, as in, disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.  Launch the game, quit, open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and search again for "config" without quotes.  Please take a screenshot of the results.  Hit Windows key-shift-S and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.  Then type "paint" without quotes in the search box in the lower left corner of your screen, open Paint, crtl-V to paste the image, save it to your desktop, and attach it to a post.

Message 13 of 23 (714 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I moved the old Sims 4 folder and put it on my desktop. I turned my Wi-Fi off and my Origin is offline, I opened Sims 4 and got to the main menu then exited. I opened File Explorer and the went to, This PC > Desktop > Sims 4. There is a new folder and the "config" still says the last time I played.

Message 14 of 23 (683 Views)

@curlykeetz  Right, you just opened the folder that you'd moved to your desktop.  There has to be a new one somewhere.  Please search the entire "This PC" category for "config."

Please also search This PC for Slot_* and take a screenshot of the entire search results, not the folder where you land but the list of files that match that name.

Message 15 of 23 (644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok, I put screenshots for both of the search results. 

I only crossed out personal info btw

Message 16 of 23 (613 Views)

@curlykeetz  Okay, open the game, make a new save (just for testing), and go back to the Main Menu.  Click Load Game, then hover over the folder icon underneath the name of the save and its last played date.  The file path for the save will be listed.  Please copy it into a post, or take a screenshot.

Message 17 of 23 (599 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Ok i’ll do that in a second. Should I be worried that the menu thing that lists my cc and mods isn’t there
Message 18 of 23 (580 Views)

@curlykeetz  It's normal that your mods and cc wouldn't show up.  You moved them to where the game can't find them.  You can put them back later, but please don't do so yet.

Message 19 of 23 (564 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It says C:\ Users\ [my user]\ Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 4\ saves\ Slot_00000002.save
Message 20 of 23 (551 Views)