my regristration code is short

by caroItonys

Original Post

my regristration code is short

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I got a expansion bundle pack which contains Sims 3 World Adventures and Generations. I downloaded it and it turns out my Registration is short. And no, I didn't use the code for registering the game in the sims 3 website. I mean the game serial code number. Which is supposed to be 20 digits but instead it's 10.

Edited-
Message 1 of 9 (592 Views)

Re: my regristration code is short

Hero (Retired)

if the code is 16 digits long that is for DLC content on your the Sims 3 account

for the game/expansions  you ought to just be able to download it from the Origin account right click the base game click on the view details -right click the expansion-download

are you on a Mac and copy to clipboard is not working for the code ?

Message 2 of 9 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
it isn't for the sims 3 store. I tried it already. I followed everything but it won't register. It actually says 'The sims 3 generation code' I typed it in but it's too short. I need help. And thank you for helping me Frown I bought the disk version if that helps.
Message 3 of 9 (573 Views)

Hero (Retired)

you might be using the wrong box and the code you have is 20 digits long or 16 ? 16 is for DLC store  20 digits is the game code  if bought on a disk should be on the back of the black/white leaflet how to install the game

see this http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/INFO-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/m-p/387162#U387162

1.     Go to http://www.thesims3.com and make an account if you do not already have one.  If you have an account, skip to step 3.
2.     When making an account, enter your serial code for The Sims 3.
3.     Once you are a registered member of the The Sims 3 website, login to your account so that you can then register any other expansion packs or stuff packs that you own to your account.
4.     Click on the My Page tab.
5.     Then click the My Account tab.
6.     Click on Register a Game.
7.     Enter the product code for the expansion pack or stuff pack.
8.     Click the green Register button.

Message 4 of 9 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

its only 10 digits, Not 16 or 20 just 10. I tried to do a live chat with an ea game adviser but unfortunately they are on maintenance. i've been trying to fix this since yesterday.. i just really want to play this game. i know how to download the expansion packs, But when i tried to download the 'Generations' My code is too short. The Code is on the back of the manual right? Two codes, one generation and world adventures both short, doesnt fit.

sorry if i forget to add this but i already tried registering it as well...

Message 5 of 9 (560 Views)

Hero (Retired)

oh boy i know an dunderstand when itching to play a game and end up fighting with it before even starting it Standard smile

i've checked the help page no maintenance for me try  try clear the internet cache and or switching browsers if using safari,opera or chrome try IE or Firefox

contact CS via live chat

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Adviser

Message 6 of 9 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help. I guess I just have to wait for the maintenance to be over... They should really be fixing these problems with the short codes and stuff.

Message 7 of 9 (543 Views)

Hero (Retired)

hope it will be soon though but if by Monday you still have problems bump this thread and maybe another helper might have some tips/suggestions for you

Message 8 of 9 (535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you!  I hope they will hurry up tho. Thanks for the help.

Message 9 of 9 (520 Views)