my progress on a save file set back weeks of progress

by CarlieKittens

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my progress on a save file set back weeks of progress

★★★ Novice

I've been playing a legacy challenge for a couple of months and I am almost done with generation 3, I created a new save and started playing some other challenge for a bit, but i got bored and went to go back to my legacy save. When I opened it up it set me back to the beginning of generation two, I know I have saved my game many times since then, does anyone know how to bring it back

Message 1 of 21 (655 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my progress on a save file set back weeks of progress

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CarlieKittens wrote:

I've been playing a legacy challenge for a couple of months and I am almost done with generation 3, I created a new save and started playing some other challenge for a bit, but i got bored and went to go back to my legacy save. When I opened it up it set me back to the beginning of generation two, I know I have saved my game many times since then, does anyone know how to bring it back

Hi @CarlieKittens - Could you please double-check which folder the game is using for your saves? You can find great instructions on how to do that here.

If your computer started using OneDrive (or stopped using OneDrive), your gen 3 files are probably on the opposite spot from where the game is looking. In that case, you can either move the proper files to where they are being saved, or change the Windows default for where you save your Documents. Please reply back with what you've found and we can help you with sorting it out, or move on to additional troubleshooting if that's not the issue.

View in thread

Message 6 of 21 (560 Views)

All Replies

@CarlieKittens  It sounds like you're playing a Sims game, but can you please clarify which one?  And let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 21 (640 Views)

★★★ Novice

SIMS 4

Message 3 of 21 (614 Views)

★★★ Novice

And windows

Message 4 of 21 (613 Views)

@CarlieKittens  Great, moved to the Sims 4 tech section then.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 21 (601 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CarlieKittens wrote:

Hi @CarlieKittens - Could you please double-check which folder the game is using for your saves? You can find great instructions on how to do that here.

If your computer started using OneDrive (or stopped using OneDrive), your gen 3 files are probably on the opposite spot from where the game is looking. In that case, you can either move the proper files to where they are being saved, or change the Windows default for where you save your Documents. Please reply back with what you've found and we can help you with sorting it out, or move on to additional troubleshooting if that's not the issue.

Message 6 of 21 (561 Views)

★★★ Novice

They are in the normal documents on my computer not onedrive.

Message 7 of 21 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CarlieKittens wrote:

They are in the normal documents on my computer not onedrive.

So the game is using the documents folder on your computer. Were you able to find the correct save files on OneDrive? You can just copy the save files from OneDrive to your hard drive and use them from there. Or, you can turn OneDrive back on and use them. If you decide to keep OneDrive as your default for your documents folder, be aware that you have to be online to access them. I would suggest moving the files from the older folder, and saving them somewhere as a backup so you don't accidentally create new saves without syncing to OneDrive.

Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 21 (529 Views)

★★★ Novice

The save files aren't in one drive just my normal documents on my pc

Message 9 of 21 (512 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CarlieKittens - Do you still have the problem of your save game being back at the start of gen 2 of your legacy?

Message 10 of 21 (493 Views)