Re: my game keeps freezing

by Eyola

Original Post

my game keeps freezing

★★★ Newbie

I have a new laptop with plenty of memory and disk space, but my game keeps freezing. It'll work for a while when I first start up the game and then freeze for a few minutes. It'll then work again for a minute or two and then freeze again. It's really frustrating and I'm not sure how to fix it. My game is up to date and I have all the recent patches. I've tried turning it off and on again, restarting my computer and playing without custom content but nothing is working. 

Message 1 of 5 (156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having exactly the same problem with mine. 

The game worked on my old laptop, which was 3 years old, but I got a new one a couple of months ago (top specs, loads of memory) and it freezes all the time. I've tried saving more often which helps for a while but eventually it won't even save and gives me an error message. Every time I go into create a sim I get part way into making the first person and then get a black screen. 

It is becoming very annoying, especially the not being able to save or create a new sim part!!

Message 2 of 5 (151 Views)

★ Novice

I had this problem too, but it's fixed now. Does it happen when the game is in play mode? Try pausing it and moving around, for me it would be perfectly smooth then but would freeze when I clicked play.

Message 3 of 5 (147 Views)

Hero

Try resetting all your Sims in your town with the cheat resetsim *.

You might have a stuck Sim somewhere

Here's some more tips: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lags-amp-Freezes/td-p/646

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (131 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me two I have this problem two and I don't know whats wrong with it I deleted everting I got from the store whitch is mainly the sims 3 store is the sims 3 store a viresto the game or not please help me please beccuz evertime the game does not work I fill like slaming my computer out of the window so please Fix it because I realy don't want this problem eney moreeeeeeeee

Message 5 of 5 (119 Views)