my game is corrupted

by Nellcottoncandy

Original Post

my game is corrupted

★★ Newbie

Hi,i am looking for some help about loading the sims 4 whenever I attempt to load the Sims 4 it tells me that the file is corrupted and I need to reinstall it for it to work but when I try to do that it says it will delete all bonuses and add ons and I'm assuming that that would be game packs and stuff packs and I definitely don't want to buy them again so I don't know what to do. I have custom content and lots of it and I'm thinking that could be the problem with the file is corrupted and I did just download a bunch of stuff last night 

Message 1 of 2 (209 Views)

Re: my game is corrupted

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

If you suspect it may be custom content causing the issue, you should probably remove it and attempt to troubleshoot which custom content piece it is causing the issue.

Before you start troubleshooting however, let's make sure you also remove the localthumbcache.package file; move all your Mods to a folder on your desktop, then delete the package file I mentioned. Try to start the game, see if the game starts. (This will not affect your save files, save for the custom content being removed temporarily. Just don't save anything when opening the game.)

Next, we move to the more fine-tuned troubleshooting method:

The most effective method is the "50/50" method which involves taking half of the mods you have in your Mods folder, then running the game with only the mods remaining. If the issues you encountered previously are happening again, this tells you that one or more of the mods in the half you currently have in the Mods folder are either no longer up-to-date, or have become corrupted/damaged. You would proceed to remove half of the mods in the Mods folder again to narrow it down further, see if the issue is still happening. (The 50/50 method is essentially a process of elimination that halves the work if going through each of the mods individually.)

As far as worrying about having to buy game packs and the like, if you've already purchased them via Origin, you need not worry; you will not lose them from your Origin account.

- B

Message 2 of 2 (197 Views)