Re: my game is broken

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

my game is broken

★ Novice

since the newest update, my loading screen is broken. the plumbob is a shaking square and the text are like this ■■■■■. I already removed all my mods and try again, but it still didnt work.

what do I have to do?

Message 1 of 6 (241 Views)

@xietresims  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't work, move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be in the folder you moved, intact but not read by the game.)

If that doesn't work either, can you provide a screenshot or two of the issue?  There's an issue with text not showing up properly, but it would be helpful to see whether this looks the same.  Please let me know whether all text is affected or from just one or two packs.  Please also specify whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've tried both and it dont work. and due to my epilepsy I cant make a picture of it, but I found a picture of the issue I'm experiencing at google. @puzzlezaddict images (3).jpeg

Message 3 of 6 (222 Views)

@xietresims  Is this your issue?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

If so, you can try the instructions in the first two posts on page 1.

If these don't help, please let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

Message 4 of 6 (214 Views)

★ Novice

sadly that's not my issue, since it doesn't give any coding. the plumbob is spacing out and the text isn't visible, but the screen before that was normal. i don't have any mods in my game so that can't be the issue.

and i run it on a windows 10 laptop

Message 5 of 6 (194 Views)

@xietresims  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 6 of 6 (178 Views)