Re: my game is BROKEN!!!! >:(

by Ulfric_Grimbrand

Original Post

my game is BROKEN!!!! >:(

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The most recent one I believe.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A lot, I can't name them all but like over 15+ probably. I have all the expansion packs, all the game packs minus the star wars/jungle ones and a couple stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go some of my lots and see what happens to certain ones Standard smile
What happens when the bug occurs? My crap doesn't show up, or it never loads.
What do you expect to see? I EXPECT to see the stuff I paid for! I want to see my lots like they appear on the map, I want my lots to load, and I want to get into lots despite some stupid "error" that clearly never existed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

MY GAME IS LITERALLY BROKEN AND I'M SO PISSED!!!!! Lots disappear, some don't load at all and I have to TURN OFF MY entire computer, and when I try to enter one lot in Oasis Springs it says "there's an error" and I need to "restart the game" I love the Sims and I don't freaking understand WHY IT WON'T WORK!!!!! So EA you need to fix these bugs. I'm not happy at all, I did not sink tons of money on packs in this game, just for it to not goddamn work. DO BETTER EA!!!!!! Fix my game!!! >Frown I know it's not a problem with my  CC EA just needs to do better!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 11 (702 Views)

★★ Novice

So thanks a lot EA, truly. Hope you're happy Standard smile cause I know I'm sure not. 

Message 2 of 11 (698 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@donutlover4183 I know my game only stays on the menu for 2 minutes and the window disappears.
Message 3 of 11 (691 Views)

★★ Novice

That's literally so frustrating omg they need to do better and fix these glitches ):

Message 4 of 11 (684 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@donutlover4183 Well do repair game it works sometimes for me, because I think when they first release the patch every computer gets it and than it gets corrupted, repair game most likely will fix it.
Message 5 of 11 (671 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks! I tried that and I don't think it worked Frown repair game never really does anything for me tbh

Message 6 of 11 (647 Views)

★★★ Guide

@donutlover4183 

Best bet.  Cut and paste your Mods Folder to your desktop.  Delete the localthumbcache.package file.  Then do the game repair @Sid1701d9 mentioned.  Then launch the game and try to load the lots you weren't able to get into.  If you can.  Start adding your mods back in, in small groups, launching the game, and entering the lots, until you find the mod(s) that are causing the issue.  Also check for updates to the mods you have.

Message 7 of 11 (642 Views)

Hero
@donutlover4183 Moving this to tech for troubleshooting

Please test without mods as others have said.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (568 Views)

★★ Novice
@Ulfric_Grimbrand Can you please explain more in depth what you mean by "cut and paste" my mods over to my desktop? And will that get rid of CC I have in game, meaning I have to redo my characters?
Message 9 of 11 (474 Views)

★★★ Guide

@donutlover4183 

Right click the Mods folder and select Cut.  Then right click on your desktop and select paste.  It moves the folder from The Sims 4 to your desktop.  It will remove your cc from your Sims, but only temporarily.  Don't save the game while you're finding your broken mods,

Message 10 of 11 (428 Views)